Old 01-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #18
BMMCBR600RR
Crash Bandicoot

Call Me: Brendan
Odometer: 2many
Bike: 03 600RR / 09 ER6N / 07 EX650

Quote:
Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
Not at all familiar with either platform. I thought about writing it in objective C and I have more recently seen some indications that Unity can be used as a universal platform but as I got into it I found that apple provides a pretty massive set of prebuilt functions for animations and such as part of their spritekit not to mention in app purchases, game center and so on that are largely dependent on swift. I could redo everything myself but it's just not worth it. Nor is it worth it to create and maintain a second version that is android friendly. If I had any intention of going full time with this sort of thing that would be the direction that I would go in but I don't see that happening unless things happen to build up over time.
Yeah agreed, keeping two code bases is a ton of work. Hence the Xamarin suggestion, you would be keeping one codebase. But I totally get not wanting to redo anything, nor learn an entire new language (unless you wanted to learn it of course).
LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
2009 Kawasaki ER6N
2007 Kawasaki EX650
BMMCBR600RR is offline   Reply With Quote