You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Rides and Events

Old 05-03-2018, 06:05 AM   #11
ITGbuDeev
Ginga' Ninja

Call Me: Kyle
Odometer: 20,000
Bike: VFR800, zx6rr

According to guys on thumpertalk, race registration goes live 1 week before the race, so, Saturday may 5
ITGbuDeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #12
ITGbuDeev
Ginga' Ninja

Buehler?

Pretty sure sign ups kick off tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #13
typeone
Forrest Gump

Call Me: clinton
Odometer: dirt
Bike: Beta 250RR

posted on the other site but maybe i'll see you there if you end up going solo and want to pit with someone, let me know. i'm two buddies down and one is on the fence, might end up there solo as well.

white/red Beta #203, C Open. can't wait, course will be FUN
typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #14
ITGbuDeev
Ginga' Ninja

I'm super excited.

At the moment i'm still solo in terms of other riders but my dad is coming up so the wife doesn't have to worry about me getting hurt and being stuck up there.

What time are you getting there? never been to anything like this, no idea what i need to get done in the morning other then tech, transponder and riders meeting at 9:45.

Also, why open class instead of 250?
Old 05-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #15
drinkingmymilk
I swear, I'm an adult.

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 40k
Bike: Twin triples and lots of pedals.

I’m officially not riding. CDI hasn’t shipped yet.

Matt 9/19/10
drinkingmymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:51 AM   #16
Imbeek
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: Gary
Odometer: A lot
Bike: A few faithful beaters.

I signed up, c senior. As far as what to do if it’s your first sprint, my advice is to not sweat it, they are really chill, but DONT expect to roll in to the track 15 minutes before the riders meeting. It’s been crazy crowded lately, last JDay the line of trucks with trailers getting in stretched all the way down the dirt road and into the paved street in both directions, and then once inside people were pitting in Timbuktu.

I don’t know what to suggest exactly as far as time to arrive; the local Southwick boys usually just camp out there, or if it’s wicked cold (like at the winter GP), set up pits and site the night before and sleep at home. Bottom line, give yourself an extra hour or two in the morning, if possible. One REALLY nice thing about c class at the sprints is you are all done racing by noon or so...not that more riding isn’t cool, but in mx, a lot of times the sun is going down by the time you get to ride your second three or four lap moto (LOL)
Imbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #17
typeone
Forrest Gump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
I'm super excited.

At the moment i'm still solo in terms of other riders but my dad is coming up so the wife doesn't have to worry about me getting hurt and being stuck up there.

What time are you getting there? never been to anything like this, no idea what i need to get done in the morning other then tech, transponder and riders meeting at 9:45.

Also, why open class instead of 250?
yeah, me too, Southwick is always a good time ... not sure on timing yet, have you seen the schedule for the day? like Gary said, leave plenty of time for everything you mentioned and then some. rushing around is never fun. once i know my plan i'll let you guys know. i'll be driving out Sat morning, takes me about 1.5hr to get down there.

i ran C Senior last Sprint and got my ass handed to me. hahaa. giving C Open a try this time + i wanted to do the same class as my buddy Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
Iím officially not riding. CDI hasnít shipped yet.
what kind of bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
I signed up, c senior. As far as what to do if itís your first sprint, my advice is to not sweat it, they are really chill, but DONT expect to roll in to the track 15 minutes before the riders meeting. Itís been crazy crowded lately, last JDay the line of trucks with trailers getting in stretched all the way down the dirt road and into the paved street in both directions, and then once inside people were pitting in Timbuktu.

I donít know what to suggest exactly as far as time to arrive; the local Southwick boys usually just camp out there, or if itís wicked cold (like at the winter GP), set up pits and site the night before and sleep at home. Bottom line, give yourself an extra hour or two in the morning, if possible. One REALLY nice thing about c class at the sprints is you are all done racing by noon or so...not that more riding isnít cool, but in mx, a lot of times the sun is going down by the time you get to ride your second three or four lap moto (LOL)
i'm hoping since this is a Sprint that the crowd will be smaller but like you said, it is the Wick.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #18
drinkingmymilk
I swear, I'm an adult.

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 40k
Bike: Twin triples and lots of pedals.

Ttr230

Matt 9/19/10
drinkingmymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #19
typeone
Forrest Gump

hmm. does the 230 share a CDI with anything else? was going to ask around for you but i was assuming you would come back with KTM-something
Old 05-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #20
ITGbuDeev
Ginga' Ninja

I haven't seen a schedule for things like gate open/ tech etc.

I'm targeting 0800 arrival because the only thing i know for sure is that C250 starts at 1000 and the riders meeting is 0945.

Any thoughts on strategy for doing different tests multiple times in a row, or in which order? I know I am way over thinking this but I'm a planner. I like to have a plan.

I'm currently thinking:
Cross - warm up
Cross - warm up more pick up speed
Trail - shake out the technical dust, learn the trail a little
Trail - just had a fresh look at the trail and may remember some areas to do differently
Extreme - This is as ready as i'll be before i start getting fatigued
Extreme - Fresh look at the test, hit it 2x quick to try and remember it .
Trail - after extreme it should feel like a cake walk, go for a hot lap
Extreme - one last ditch effort after a more flowy trail attempt + sometimes i get faster when i'm tired?
Cross.- Ready to go home, send it.

Tags
enduro, jday, southwick, sprint