You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen > Fat burners

Notices

Old 03-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #351
drinkingmymilk
I swear, I'm an adult.

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 40k
Bike: pedals, a revolving door and a triple.

I just found out Amy is working Good Friday and I'm not. Anyone wanna head up to Pico? $25 lift tickets if you bring 3 canned goods. I'd like to get one last day in. Racks are still on the car and I don't mind driving.

Matt 9/19/10
drinkingmymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #352
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Call Me: Duh
Odometer: Mucho
Bike: Nada

Just picked up some goggles, I'm that much closer to joining you guys out there next season

Old 11-09-2015, 09:50 AM   #353
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Stumbled upon some never used skis. Can anyone tell me if these would do for my size, 5'10". 200#'s. They are size 168

Old 11-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #354
lpass
Shrimp

Call Me: Louis
Odometer: +
Bike: ZX6R, Ninja 300

Based on your question and not going back and reading through the whole thread I'm going to guess your a beginning skier?? If so those skis would be just fine for you. You didn't mention whether they were free or not. If they are free, they will serve your purpose just fine. They're the Atomic Izor 9.7 skis and are about 8 years old. I think they are 72mm waist underfoot and perfectly suited for east coast groomers. Their re parabolic shape makes ski initiation easy and a good learning ski. Again if they are free take them and run. If you have to pay then it depends on how much? If they are free take them and put money into the boots. That is where the rubber meets the road so to speak and the most important element in skiing. Find a good bootfitter and get some boots that fit your foot and stance. Most retail shops in this area are not great boot fitters and will put you in whatever you think is comfortable to make the sale. If the boots are really comfortable in the shop, they are going to suck on the mountain and make learning that much harder. Any foot slop or heel lift is going to make skiing harder. If you can ski then disregard everything I just said and ignore me lol!!!!
lpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #355
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Argh, yeah my experience level would help. I havent been on the slopes in 7 years but last time i was out i would consider myself more on the higher intermediate side, i catch on quick so i should be back at the level by th eend of the first day back. My brothers landlord left them at his rental and said I can use them since i ski, my brother boards. Looking to get boots this year at Alpine Haus, I hear they do a pretty good job with fitment and foot beds. Thanks for the info
eric351w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:49 AM   #356
Joey Lawrence
Brown Prince of BoRn

Call Me: Joe
Odometer: 100K+
Bike: A pretty one that makes great noises & a dirty one old enough to drink

would they fit me...?
5'8" 165 lbs

WHOA

#dirtyprince
Joey Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #357
drinkingmymilk
I swear, I'm an adult.

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 40k
Bike: pedals, a revolving door and a triple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Lawrence View Post
would they fit me...?
5'8" 165 lbs
They're fine for beginner guys or good girls. Aka, they're short which is exactly what you want for beginners. I've got a spare park of 168s I still play on but I've got 179s I use every day. For reference the ones Kayla has that I started on I believe we're 158s.

I can for sure resize Kaylas to your foot for you to try it out. I may be able too with mine, just not sure how much adjustment is available for them.

Matt 9/19/10
drinkingmymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #358
lpass
Shrimp

Call Me: Louis
Odometer: +
Bike: ZX6R, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Lawrence View Post
would they fit me...?
5'8" 165 lbs
They should be fine. A lot of factors go into the proper length of ski including skier ability, type of ski, height and more so weight. I'm 5'4ish and ski 173's right now. They're at least a good half foot over my head, but they are also rockered. This simply means they ski shorter then their length indicates. If you bought a ski in the past few years they are most likely rockered since almost every new ski is unless you're buying a very specific ski. I'm not sure if these ski's have any rocker, but at 8ish years old I'm willing to bet they don't and they should ski true to length. Still you're def tall enough and weigh enough to ski these. Weight is more important than length. I weigh the same as you do and comfortably ski longer skis. You should be perfectly fine on them.
lpass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skiers or boarders