You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen > Bang Bang

Old 02-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Call Me: Duh
Odometer: Mucho
Bike: Nada

Default Gun chat

All gun threads have been merged. Keep all gun chat here, find a new gun forum or take a forced few day vacation when we ban you for starting a new gun thread. - Drinkingmymilk.

Figured since we have a thread dedicated for posting pics of your guns we might as well have a general thread for any gun related topics, questions etc.

So I'll start, my father is taking his pistol permit class in 2 weeks. From what I thought I understood as long as you have a "handgun eligibility certificate", I'm assuming this is what I had got back when I completed my permit class?, that you can buy a handgun but you just can't carry it? I asked Hoffman today and the guy said you can only buy with a permit only, true or false?? the reason behind my question is my father is eagerly waiting to take his class and get his permit so he can pickup a Browning HP. He had called a few places around CT and a lot of people were telling him they are a hard find due to the high demand and being back ordered. I had a feeling Hoffman would have one so we took a ride today and sure as shit they had 2 in stock. The guy said they dont stock a lot and take at least 2 months to get more which means most likely by the time my father takes his class and gets his permit they might not have one in stock and he would have to order one. To alleviate all of this I was thinking of picking up the Browning for him and once he gets his permit I would transfer the ownership to him which leads me to my next question. How do you sell/transfer ownership of your gun to someone else privately in the state of CT, paging Mr. Bernatchez ?
Lastly, anyone have a Browning HP and what do they think of it?

Thanks All

Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 01-11-2013 at 10:53 PM..
eric351w is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
jamesbernatchez
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: James
Odometer: 5-6k
Bike: NONE

You need a permit in order to buy a handgun in CT.

One of the forms you fill out has a question about are you the actually purchaser (or something of the sort) of the firearm. It's worded that if it isn't for you, you can't buy it for someone else. I believe since you are really buying it for your father that answer is no and you can't really do that that.

If you buy it for yourself and later decide you no longer want it and want to sell the gun to him, when he gets his permit (in 8 weeks or so) you just fill out the needed forms, call DPS for an authorization number, and he can then take possession of it.

Last edited by jamesbernatchez; 02-12-2012 at 10:36 PM..
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
CamaroJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?

Call Me: Noel
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...

What he said...

Private transfer between two permit holders is easy. Make a phone call and fill out 2easy forms.
CamaroJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
CamaroJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?

Call Me: Noel
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...

Oh... and High Powers are awesome. And not that rare. I worked at NGX today. There's 4 used ones in stock. One is old Belgium built. One is a .40 sw. A couple other companies also manufacture the HP, and do a good job of it.
CamaroJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Thanks guys! Where do I get the forms by chance or can i just download them off of the DPS web site?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
hatred
Karate Kid

Call Me: matthew
Odometer: handful
Bike: Mille

http://www.ct.gov/dps/lib/dps/special_licensing_and_firearms/dps-67-c.pdf

http://www.ct.gov/dps/lib/dps/specia...ms/dps-3-c.pdf

...and call 860.685.8400 to get an authorization number
hatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

^Perfect, thank you!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
Nast

Call Me: Scott
Odometer: +
Bike: 06 GSX-R 600

A friend of mine is selling his S&W 629 Classic .44 magnum any thoughts on this gun or what I should offer him I shot it and it is certainly a blast to shoot. I by no means need one but I certainly wouldn't mind owning it
Nast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #9
jamesbernatchez
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: James
Odometer: 5-6k
Bike: NONE

Had a 629 6.5" w/ Powerport in .44 Mag. I shot 6 rounds out of it and sold it shortly thereafter. It was rediculous. One of the only guns to really hurt my hand after shooting it. The wood grips and open backstrap definitely had something to do with that.

If it is pre-lock it would probably be a bit more in the same thing with a lock on it. I'd say between $500-600.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
Nast

Call Me: Scott
Odometer: +
Bike: 06 GSX-R 600

It is the 6.5 inch and has black rubber grips on it so it didn't hurt my hand to shoot definitely has some good kick to it but fun none the less. I am just trying to decide if I really want it though I know it's one I would not shoot a lot but I would certainly shoot it.
Nast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assault, ban, bill, chat, class, connecticut, ct, current, donation, firearms, fund, future, gun, guns, holders, legal, names, permit, proposed, psa, release, rifle, shot, single, smart, students, unbelieveable, weapons