You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen > Fat burners

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #171
db79
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: unknown
Bike: GSXRs, VFR

First MRI didn’t show it then they redid it with contrast dye which they were able to see.
db79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #172
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Call Me: Duh
Odometer: Mucho
Bike: Nada

Ah ok, hoping I wont need one done. The next 7 days should confirm whether Ill have to go back for one or not
eric351w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #173
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

So looks like it may actually be a torn bicep (long head at the shoulder). Was unfolding the trailer for my father this weekend and part of it started to fall so naturally went for it with my right arm which is the bad arm. Felt a tear and instant pain, pain was gone 20 minutes later but my bicep now looks abnormal, i have a divot up towards the upper end of my bicep near my arm pit. All my shoulder pain also went away, from what I read thats typical once the long head fully tears since its no longer attached to the shoulder. Called doc to book an MRI and get next steps just waiting to hear back. Totally bummed but was just a matter of time
Old 06-15-2018, 06:19 AM   #174
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Getting back my MRI results this afternoon, anxious to say the least! In the meantime still been going to the gym and just working around my right arm.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:36 AM   #175
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Its confirmed, full tear of the long head at the shoulder (proximal tear). Doc gave me the option of surgery or just let it be, im going with the surgery and scheduled it for July 5th. What I did not know is that he said it takes a month or two but my bicep will drop down further on my arm than it already is. Knowing that now surgery was not a question. Looks like ill be in a sling for 2-3 weeks then about 3 months of therapy before I can start using it in the gym. At the 3 month mark its baby weights and slow progression so all in all about 8-10 months till I get some pretty good strength back. Worst timing with summer just about getting ready to start :-(
Old 06-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #176
yzedf
Grip it and rip it

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 60k+
Bike: pedal power

Sounds like surgery is the way to go for sure! Crap timing is right. Remember, your baby weights are probably more than I could do...
yzedf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #177
db79
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: unknown
Bike: GSXRs, VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric351w View Post
Its confirmed, full tear of the long head at the shoulder (proximal tear). Doc gave me the option of surgery or just let it be, im going with the surgery and scheduled it for July 5th. What I did not know is that he said it takes a month or two but my bicep will drop down further on my arm than it already is. Knowing that now surgery was not a question. Looks like ill be in a sling for 2-3 weeks then about 3 months of therapy before I can start using it in the gym. At the 3 month mark its baby weights and slow progression so all in all about 8-10 months till I get some pretty good strength back. Worst timing with summer just about getting ready to start :-(
What ever happened with suspected labral tear? It can be common to tear bicep along with labral/RC.
db79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #178
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
Sounds like surgery is the way to go for sure! Crap timing is right. Remember, your baby weights are probably more than I could do...
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by db79 View Post
What ever happened with suspected labral tear? It can be common to tear bicep along with labral/RC.
The labrum he said seemed fine but there was some clean up he was going to do to it, cant remember what exactly. Basically its an open surgery for the tendon reattachment and then arthroscopiclly hes cleaning up the labrum and taking care of a bone spur while hes in there. Total operation is around two hours. Never had a surgery before so will definitely be anxious but just want to get it over with and start the road to recovery
Old 06-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #179
yzedf
Grip it and rip it

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 60k+
Bike: pedal power

202lbs last night before bed. I really need to drop 10 and keep it off!
yzedf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:45 AM   #180
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

A week and a half post op already have a ton of mobility with my arm and am well ahead of the class when it comes to PT. Also have had pretty much zero pain in both recovery and at PT. All in all for having 4 surgeries in my shoulder one of which including re-attaching my bicep Im pretty damn happy with this surgeon. Going back to the gym this week mainly doing legs and some upper body work using the non surgical arm. Lookin like a quicker than expected road to recovery!

Tags
activity, physical, tracker