You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > Other BoRn Ways > BoRn Racers

Old 09-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #1
PeaPod
Karate Kid

Call Me: Rob
Odometer: 24000
Bike: '07 Ninja 650R

Default PeaPod #343 LRRS weekend 6 summary 09-2018

Short and sweet.

Ran "OK" but not where I should be.

Saturday day Race 2 - Amateur GTL - Good start, good first two laps?, I at least finished.

Saturday Race 7 - Amateur Lightweight Grand Prix - Blah start, blah race, worse finish.

Saturday Race 10 - Amateur Ultralight Superbike - Good start, eh race, OK finish.
PeaPod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
PeaPod
Karate Kid

Saturday day Race 2 - Amateur GTL - Leading the points by a slim four points, I had to get a monster start from the pole to go in turn 1 in first or it was going to be an uphill challenge. I was granted a wish when my main competitor #676 missed the second gear shift off the start and I was able to move past for the lead going into turn 1. I was so pumped I ran a blistering 1:23 outlap. Second lap I dropped to a 1:21.5, just a half second off my PB, I was cooking off the start. All good things must come to an end though and on the third lap I apexed turn 3 and just breathed on the throttle. Apparently I was right on the edge of things as I lowsided as soon as I touched the gas and the rear slid out. Landed out near the end of the wall. Went to pick the bike up but knowing how often this bike just falls apart when it crashes, I did not have much hope to get going. Surprisingly, it was not all twisted up and I was able to get it up and back going with the help of the corner workers. Managed to do a 2:15 lap with the crash, haha!

Got back in and managed to finish in the 9th of 13 positions. I collected four spots for four additional points by not giving up. When I came home and reviewed my finish however, I notice I was cheated one spot! I remembered passing #441 and lo and behold, I had based on my video. Also, reading the trackintel report shows I was ahead, however, the official result shows I finished behind??? We were both on the same lap so who knows? I guess you really do have to check your finish in the half hour after the race because something is wrong with the timing here. Overall I lost 20 points to second place and I am now relegated to the first loser, 16 points out of the lead. If I somehow get back the lost points and lose by one, I am going to be pissed!

Saturday Race 7 - Amateuar Lightweight Grand Prix - Started in P3 and landed in P3 going into turn 1. Had an unknown to me rider challenge for turn 1 inside and I really leaned against him, no touching, but certainly taking as much as I could. Thankfully he did not flinch and kept it up, also managed to take me into 1a. After the race i was kind of reconsidering my agressiveness here. But since I did not recognize the racer, I figured it was just a lucky start for someone and I could just impose my will on them. I eventually learned it was Josh Cuppek and realized I was wrong about the level of the racer(or his competetiveness!). Was still fun testing our wills, but not sure if it is something a weekend racer needs to be doing.

The race went downhill from there as I was slow but felt like I was still pushing for some reason. I think I have lost some of my reference points, or I am just not using them like I was before. Need to go back to the notebook and refresh myself. Finished 7th of 13 running a high 1:23 average.

Saturday Race 9 - Amateur Ultralight Superbike - Started on Pole again and got a good start, going into turn 1 in first. Did not have a good turn 1a to turn 2 and on my exit I left too much room between me and the wall. Josh Cuppek got by me again damnit, with a better drive and an opening and took me into three. I almost had him going through turn four but he shut me down at the apex, kinda like I should have shut him down at the wall in two. I certainly still have some finer points of racecraft to learn if I want to be more devious.

This race went slowly, and i did get passed by #676 as well. It was red flagged just after the midpoint so cut a bit short, probably salvaging my third place finish as my average time was a 1:24 over the first four laps. Finished 3 out of 8.

Overall, it was the second disappointing weekend in a row. I seem to have lost 1-2 seconds of speed from the July weekend. Not sure if it is from the long break from the Loudon track, or possibly lack of practice as I have been doing minimal trackdays this year. Either way it has cost me many points, and positions, in my championship battles and left me a bit disconsolate. I am building my pysche back up for the final weekend and I am going to come out fighting for that last chance.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
PeaPod
Karate Kid

It was also great to see two competitors, Brendan Moriarty and Chris Singer, at the track who had received some injuries the previous round. While they couldn't race, their spirit for being there was awesome to see!
Old 09-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #4
Mustang
Insert Title

Call Me: Bill
Odometer: 7/25ths
Bike: 08 SV650S

Seconds (and tenths) seem to come and go throughout the season for us mere mortals. Try to not let it get to you too much, and keep chasing that amateur wood!
LRRS/CCS EX #47 -RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / Mad Monkey Motorsports / MOTUL / GMD CompuTrack

2012 LRRS AM Thunderbike Champion

RIP Reed 8/16/84 - 3/23/08
RIP Vaughan 11/18/66 - 9/19/10

Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lrrs, peapod, summary, weekend