You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > Other BoRn Ways > Dirt & Motards

Old 09-30-2017, 05:55 AM   #1
fprintf
Shrimp Food

Call Me: fprintf
Odometer: 5000
Bike: None yet

Default Trials in New England - free spectating

I'm sure a lot of us have seen the Toni Bou and other trials motorcycles videos. There are some local rides going throughout the summer that are free spectating, or a minimal donation to the hosting club. There are two more events this fall.

A couple of years ago they had a program where you could try trials, I don't know if that still exists. A bunch of club members loaned their bikes to a group of newbies, of which I was one, and some of the more experienced guys spent two or three hours with us teaching us how to ride slow, really slow. It was a ton of fun and I climbed over stuff I couldn't imagine. The more experience dirt riders, used to huge amounts of throttle to get up big obstacles were really impressed with the abilities of these little seatless bikes.

Hopefully one day I'll have a stable that includes a trials bike. For now, I have to be satisfied with spectating. The next event I'm planning to go to is in Meriden. I've been the past two years and it is just amazing what even the really old guys can do on these bikes.
fprintf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
fprintf
Shrimp Food

Link didn't work as an image, here is the schedule: http://www.newenglandtrials.com/imag...2017_rev_a.jpg
Old 09-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
Mr. Kurtz
Kurtacus Spartacus

Call Me: Mike
Odometer: 100,000
Bike: 04 R6, 88 ZX600C, 12 EX650R, 05 450 EXC, 03 XR100, 03 Ego, 05 TTR15LE, 00 Aprilia SR50

I'm planning to go check it out again in Meriden on the 22nd. My old neighbor, Jack, rides at these, hopefully I'll run into him. Maybe I'll bring a helmet...he offered to let me try his bike last time.
Mr. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
theducman
EXPERT NOVICE

Call Me: Mike
Odometer: 30k
Bike: Ducati MTS1200(Street) Suzuki SV650 (Race) Honda XR100(flat track),Yamaha XT225 (Durty)

I will be a "checker" for the 22nd
theducman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
fprintf
Shrimp Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
I'm planning to go check it out again in Meriden on the 22nd. My old neighbor, Jack, rides at these, hopefully I'll run into him. Maybe I'll bring a helmet...he offered to let me try his bike last time.
I had zero dirt experience and sure it was tough as hell going so slowly. But it was so damn fun navigating all the rocks, trees and dropoffs. There were so many folks of all kinds of ages. And the nice thing, you can ride in jeans and boots and a helmet or you can get all done up in lycra if you are really serious.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
brucev
Shrimp

Call Me: Bruce
Odometer: 100000+
Bike: BMW S1000RR

I would like to go to this what is the location/address and start time for Meriden?
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #7
GixerJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?

Call Me: Noel
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducman View Post
I will be a "checker" for the 22nd
Remind me... both of you... I'll go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
I would like to go to this what is the location/address and start time for Meriden?
Meriden Motorcycle Club is technically in Middletown...

Mountain Rd, Middletown, CT 06457
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
Noel's garage is where Motorcycles go to die. don't sell it to him. Sell it to me.
GixerJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #8
fprintf
Shrimp Food

Quote:
110 stantack rd. Middletown, Connecticut 06457

http://www.newenglandtrials.com/Directions.html

I used Apple Maps or Google Maps and it took me right there. There is a junk yard at the end of this really narrow road up a big hill. Look up Bishop's Auto Parts on Google Maps and you are there or use this link:

http://goo.gl/maps/Y3bdd1ST8Uv

The club doesn't look like much from the road and there is a huge gully that may or may not have a course laid out in the middle of it.

Riding starts at 11 a.m. and ends by 3 p.m. I usually get there a little bit earlier so that I can walk the course. It's a pretty long damn walk to do the whole circuit.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #9
brucev
Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fprintf View Post
110 stantack rd. Middletown, Connecticut 06457

http://www.newenglandtrials.com/Directions.html

I used Apple Maps or Google Maps and it took me right there. There is a junk yard at the end of this really narrow road up a big hill. Look up Bishop's Auto Parts on Google Maps and you are there or use this link:

http://goo.gl/maps/Y3bdd1ST8Uv

The club doesn't look like much from the road and there is a huge gully that may or may not have a course laid out in the middle of it.

Riding starts at 11 a.m. and ends by 3 p.m. I usually get there a little bit earlier so that I can walk the course. It's a pretty long damn walk to do the whole circuit.
Thank you glad this was posted - I would have gone to the wrong place.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:56 AM   #10
brucev
Shrimp

Quote:
Thank you glad this was posted - I would have gone to the wrong place.
Maybe not seems like the directions are all going to the same place.

Tags
england, free, spectating, trials