You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > Other BoRn Ways > Dirt & Motards

Old 10-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #11
fprintf
Shrimp Food

Call Me: fprintf
Odometer: 5000
Bike: None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
Maybe not seems like the directions are all going to the same place.
I know it. When I did a Google Maps search on Stantack Road it took me to some other place. But I know how to get there and it is just down the road from the junkyard. I just checked the Google Maps link I shared and it is definitely correct.

Basically, get off 91 at Country Club Road. If coming from the North, you get off the highway and make a left. Go through the stop sign, you will pass the Dept. of Public Safety on your left (where you go for pistol permit renewals!). Keep going on this road, through at least one stop sign. You will see what look like a private driveway going up a hill to the right. If you come after about 9:30 there will be a motorcycle club sign at the bottom of the hill.

If coming from the South, turn left off the Country Club Rd. exit. At the stop sign, turn left. Follow the directions above.

Hope to see you there!
fprintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #12
brucev
Shrimp

Call Me: Bruce
Odometer: 100000+
Bike: BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fprintf View Post
I know it. When I did a Google Maps search on Stantack Road it took me to some other place. But I know how to get there and it is just down the road from the junkyard. I just checked the Google Maps link I shared and it is definitely correct.

Basically, get off 91 at Country Club Road. If coming from the North, you get off the highway and make a left. Go through the stop sign, you will pass the Dept. of Public Safety on your left (where you go for pistol permit renewals!). Keep going on this road, through at least one stop sign. You will see what look like a private driveway going up a hill to the right. If you come after about 9:30 there will be a motorcycle club sign at the bottom of the hill.

If coming from the South, turn left off the Country Club Rd. exit. At the stop sign, turn left. Follow the directions above.

Hope to see you there!
Thanks I am planning on going and I'm sure I will find it.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #13
soulfire
Shrimp Boat Captain

Call Me: Matt
Odometer: fug it.
Bike: In a pile of storage bins..

I just sent these guys an invite to set up at offroaderfest this Sunday. We have obstacles on hand for them to have an exhibition.
soulfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #14
Wheelieman14
Shrimp Food

Call Me: Bob Poetzsch
Odometer: 100,000
Bike: BMW R1100RT, Beta Evo 300

The MMC "Boneyard Trial III" Final NETA Event is ready for Sunday, October 22nd in Meriden, CT.

NETA Class Championships will be settled to close out 2017 Season with (9) Expert & (9) Novice Sections per Loop (about 2 miles long). Rider's Meeting at 10:45 AM and "Normal 3 PM" Ending time to be extended 30 minutes to 3:30 PM. 4 PM Hard Finish Time - to avoid DNF. Novice Loop shortened from August event. With increased number of Sections to be ridden in 4 Loops - most of them are slightly shorter than normal. Sections are Technical & Challenging for each ability class; without being dangerous.

Overnight camping is available on Saturday night. Fall weather should make perfect riding conditions. Well marked Loop offers Spectacular natural terrain for Spectators to watch New England's Best Riders show their Talent!
Wheelieman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #15
fprintf
Shrimp Food

I'm really looking forward to this. I've also gotten some other spectators to join me, some newbies to motorcycling in general and off-road specifically. Maybe we can convert one or two!

The last time I went I think I got almost 15,000 steps in walking the whole loop. I started at what I think was Expert 12 and walked my way backwards around the loop to Novice 1. I suppose I could have walked around the right way. Some of the sections were quite a long walk between, and I am sure they were nothing on a bike! If I had a mountain bike it would have also made quick work of the distances.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #16
ctbandit
Fazer, don't even know er

Call Me: Darek
Odometer: 39k
Bike: FZ6

Is there a link to a schedule for the day?
Old 10-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #17
fprintf
Shrimp Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbandit View Post
Is there a link to a schedule for the day?
Nope. The way it works is that the riders start the circuit at about 10:45ish. I don't think they have to go in order to do the circuit/loop but it seems that most do. Within about 30 minutes they'll be spread out across all the various sections.

After that point, there is riding throughout all sections along the loop and it'll keep going until about 3:30 tomorrow. There is no break for lunch, anyone can stop anytime they want to eat, fuel up or take a break.

Last time I was there I hung out near the parking lot in the section that goes through the gully right in front of the club. If you arrive late and don't feel like walking the loop there are two or three expert sections right near the clubhouse.
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #18
Mr. Kurtz
Kurtacus Spartacus

Call Me: Mike
Odometer: 100,000
Bike: 04 R6, 88 ZX600C, 12 EX650R, 05 450 EXC, 03 XR100, 03 Ego, 05 TTR15LE, 00 Aprilia SR50

This was a shitload of fun to watch, again. Good seeing you Bob, although like I said...some riders had some choice words for the course.

The expert 7 section, where Mike R was working, was the wildest thing I've seen a motorcycle do in a long time. Lots of credit to these guys.

Now to find an inexpensive trials bike to screw around with...
Mr. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
england, free, spectating, trials