You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen

Old 11-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
Bluewarrior7
Karate Kid

Call Me: Terry
Odometer: 15000
Bike: 2004 Harley Davidson Night Train

Default P90x workout program

Have any of you guys/girls given this program a try? I've been following it pretty closely and I've seen some pretty impressive results. My upper body strength has increased by a two fold. I've never got into a workout regiment where I am sore every day after I workout. I bought the Bowflex Select Tech 955 weights with the weight that you dial in and I love them, pricy but worth the money. Considering the winter is upcoming if anyone wants to really shape up I'd definitely recommend this program. If you think this is a Richard Simmons home workout program however, you got another thing coming to you.
Bluewarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
Gixxerdude
Here there everywhere

Call Me: Scott
Odometer: 1 mile.
Bike: No bike, but I come here to feel cool again...

I would love to find some sort of home gym to put in my 2nd bedroom, but it owuld have to fold up incase i ever got a roommate..
Old 11-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Traize
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Jim
Odometer: 12000
Bike: 06 R6 AE

I'm finding rock climbing to be one hell of a work out. I'm having trouble reaching for things on my desk this morning.
Traize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
Bluewarrior7
Karate Kid

If you've got a set of adjustable dumbells, a pull up bar, and a tv with a dvd player you can more than likely pull this workout off.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
The Magician
Chief

Call Me: Rob
Odometer: 150000+
Bike: 2008 Kawasaki ZX10R

what exactly IS this program? Never heard of it... ? what's the goal behind it?
The Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #6
JRide
LRRS/CCS #627

Call Me: John
Odometer: 17,000
Bike: Changes Daily

You guys should checkout iwantsixpackabs.com for a good workout. You sign up for his website to gain access to his workout vids. I did this last winter and lost 11lbs in 2 months. I wasn't doing the cardio or the diet plan either. It kicks your ass!! Most of the time you can use things around your house for weight. I think I spent a total of $150 bucks on the powerbands and a pull up bar.

I really have to get back on this workout plan.

Rock climbing really does kick your ass but at this point my arms are giving out before my legs get a really good workout. Which means I have to work on my climbing skills.

Instructor #7 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
R.I.P. Reed (Noxen) 3.23.08
John
JRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:33 AM   #7
amajew
Hooligan bike,yes please!

Call Me: Andy
Odometer: 45K+
Bike: 08 KTM Super Duke, 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

Terry, are you following the nutrition plan as well?? I have the program but have yet to start it. With going back to school I don't have as much time and P90X is a 7 day/ week program... not for the weak minded....

One of my buddies did a part of the program and loved it but didn't finish the 3 months....
amajew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #8
The Magician
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRide View Post
You guys should checkout iwantsixpackabs.com for a good workout. You sign up for his website to gain access to his workout vids. I did this last winter and lost 11lbs in 2 months. I wasn't doing the cardio or the diet plan either. It kicks your ass!! Most of the time you can use things around your house for weight. I think I spent a total of $150 bucks on the powerbands and a pull up bar.

I really have to get back on this workout plan.

Rock climbing really does kick your ass but at this point my arms are giving out before my legs get a really good workout. Which means I have to work on my climbing skills.
I'm down almost 30 lbs in the past 2 months, in the gym everyday and dieting with a heavy protein intake. Getting stronger at the same time.

it's all about discipline, watching your intake, and being consistent when working out when it comes down to it.. no matter what program.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
Bluewarrior7
Karate Kid

Hey Rob,

Pretty much P90x is a home DVD program that you dedicate about 60 minutes a day to...you can do more or you can just do the 60 minutes. Within the 60 minutes is about a 10 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down, so it's pretty much 45 minutes of intense strength training. If you have a 10 x 10 space in your living room or somewhere in your house or apartment you've got enough room to do it. It's especially convenient not having to leave the confines of your house in the winter. Lots of pushups, pull ups, and exercises that you don't see your average joe doing at the gym. As soon as your body gets used to an exercise, the program changes thus avoiding the "plateau effect." I'm sure a big guy like yourself already knows that once your muscles get used to an exercise they will stop growing, so by switching the exercises you continue to grow muscle.

I think the best thing about the workout program is that there are various ways of doing the workouts...i.e. you can use bands, weights, or just plain nothing. Not only that but there are different intensity levels of the exercises that different people in the dvds demonstrate simultaneously. You can pause it if you get tired, if you are unsure of an exercise you can watch them do it and rewind it. There are water breaks in between every couple of sets. Anyone can do the progam, in fact in the plyometrics (jump training) dvd, there is a guy with a prosthetic leg who keeps up with the rest of the group. The guy who leads the group, Tony Horton, is 45 years old and is built like a house.

When I said this workout program is not intended for the weak I meant every word of it. There is even a fit test that you must perform to see if it will even be worth your while.

As for the nutrition, I am guilty of not following that. I also drink which doesn't help the situation either. But when I started the program about 7 weeks ago I could do 11 or 2 pull ups. Now I'm cranking out 7 or 8 and my triceps look like a horse shoe. Not to mention I have calf muscles and no more cankles.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #10
The Magician
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewarrior7 View Post
Hey Rob,

Pretty much P90x is a home DVD program that you dedicate about 60 minutes a day to...you can do more or you can just do the 60 minutes. Within the 60 minutes is about a 10 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down, so it's pretty much 45 minutes of intense strength training. If you have a 10 x 10 space in your living room or somewhere in your house or apartment you've got enough room to do it. It's especially convenient not having to leave the confines of your house in the winter. Lots of pushups, pull ups, and exercises that you don't see your average joe doing at the gym. As soon as your body gets used to an exercise, the program changes thus avoiding the "plateau effect." I'm sure a big guy like yourself already knows that once your muscles get used to an exercise they will stop growing, so by switching the exercises you continue to grow muscle.

I think the best thing about the workout program is that there are various ways of doing the workouts...i.e. you can use bands, weights, or just plain nothing. Not only that but there are different intensity levels of the exercises that different people in the dvds demonstrate simultaneously. You can pause it if you get tired, if you are unsure of an exercise you can watch them do it and rewind it. There are water breaks in between every couple of sets. Anyone can do the progam, in fact in the plyometrics (jump training) dvd, there is a guy with a prosthetic leg who keeps up with the rest of the group. The guy who leads the group, Tony Horton, is 45 years old and is built like a house.

When I said this workout program is not intended for the weak I meant every word of it. There is even a fit test that you must perform to see if it will even be worth your while.

As for the nutrition, I am guilty of not following that. I also drink which doesn't help the situation either. But when I started the program about 7 weeks ago I could do 11 or 2 pull ups. Now I'm cranking out 7 or 8 and my triceps look like a horse shoe. Not to mention I have calf muscles and no more cankles.
Sounds interesting, but don't think its for me. Home is my "relaxation" area. Trying to get a serious workout in at home, doesn't work so well. Tried it back when I was boxing and I just couldnt get in the right rhythm. Props to you if you can stick to it. It's a 7 day a week program... have you skipped yet?

Tags
program, px, workout