You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen

Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Kane
BOATS AND HOE'S

Call Me: Matt
Odometer: 100k+
Bike: 11 GSXR750, 125cc death machine.

Default Pre-workout energy boosters.

I decided to try out some of the latest energy pre workout boosters out there so I can get my ass in gear at 5:30am to do heavy lifting. This is really my only time to get in and be consistent for workouts and I am usually dragging ass that early. So I tried the Prolab Quickfire this morning and it lit me up like a fucking roman candle. The misstake I made was doing this with no food in my stomach. I think at least a piece of bread might slow down the delivery a bit. My hands were still twitchy after the workout but man it helped big time. The next workout I have some Jacked 3d that a buddy gave me.

So who is taking what and how do you like it?
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
ilikenapalm
Vice President Palin

Call Me: Matt All Together
Odometer: Some
Bike: I'm A Squid

Jacked 3D is no longer available on the market, I believe.

Do you notice a big increase in heart rate? I would love to try one of these, but I primarily run, and I think mixing the two would be very bad.
ilikenapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Mercurial
Selective Autism

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: 35000
Bike: CBR600RR, RSV1000R

I use jacked 3D and it works great! The stuff on the market now is missing one of the ingredients that the old stuff had... But still good (I use old stuff).

You don't get the high or the crash from J3D.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
mattr302
9.5 > 10

Call Me: Raby
Odometer: 40k
Bike: FZ6, F4i, DR350

I've liked controlled labs white flood the best out of the ones I've tried, and it's cheap for the servings. Universal shock therapy gave me wicked pre-gym diarrhea.
mattr302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
soofle616
Keeper of "The List"

Call Me: Ian
Odometer: lots
Bike: Pasta, rice, and a big lump of potato

Its not an energy booster necessarily but I take force factor (nitric oxide) when i'm out racing or doing trackdays. That combined with magnesium phosphate to prevent/treat muscle soreness leaves me feeling able to function after a double trackday or a 4-6 race weekend. Without it my legs are pretty damn sore by the time I'm done packing up and heading home.
soofle616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
Mr. Kurtz
Kurtacus Spartacus

Call Me: Mike
Odometer: 100,000
Bike: 04 R6, 88 ZX600C, 13 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO, 05 450 EXC, 03 XR100, 03 Ego, 00 Aprilia SR50

Caffeine and ice cold water.
Mr. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
marshdrummer
Pit Boss

Call Me: Jay
Bike: 2011 R1 (street/track)

My favorite is C4. Much better than Jack3d. NO Explode was good, but only for 2 weeks. then your body gets used to it. I tried some all natural crap called Magnus Magnum or something like that. It sucked at first, but after about 3 weeks, I'd say it was top 5. White flood is next on my list. I've heard good things.

And yes Matt - you're heart rate will jump. Not a good thing to mix with running. What Ian described would be good for you....
marshdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Kane
BOATS AND HOE'S

Call Me: Matt
Odometer: 100k+
Bike: 11 GSXR750, 125cc death machine.

I haven't crashed from the Prolab yet and I took it at 5:30am. Actually I haven't even had a coffee because I was afraid of getting too much stimulant. I may not need it with this stuff. Dave was it the Jacked 3D that you gave me at the Tough Mudder last year? That stuff was almost too much.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
marshdrummer
Pit Boss

Call Me: Jay
Bike: 2011 R1 (street/track)

one thing I learned about pre workouts - they affect different people differently. C4 is my fav, but may not work for you. It's kind of a trial an error thing. Also, as your body gets used to it, the affects change - usually become more bearable and less intense. Some have a quick peak with a crash, some take 45 minutes to start working, then have sustainable energy...some you crash on, some you don't. It sucks, but that's why I change up every month and keep notes. I'll circle back around to the ones I like every 4ish months...
marshdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
crazyirish101
I fall down, go boom

Call Me: BK
Odometer: 50k+
Bike: 2013 Ducati scrap pile

for long term better energy you should be taking a liquid B stacked with a vit D (roughly 5000-8000 i.u.) daily in the am. Also you should be taking ZMA prior to bed time. Your not a spring chicken anymore but your not a bum either. These will take a bit for there levels to come up, but they will def help..

that being said pre work out J3D was pretty good when i was using it, and im a big fan of C3 and C4 combo.

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
crazyirish101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boosters, energy, preworkout