You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen > Fat burners

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #11
///3oris
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: B
Odometer: 6000
Bike: '15 Yamaha R1

Sorry I'm in my phone, so this will be short.

First of all, follow what Pete and others said regarding the back squat. Ditch the tampon and put the bar across the rear deltoid/scapular muscles on your back. If you're feeling the bar on your spine you're doing it wrong. Using the tampon will promote bad form and will be worse in the long term.

Secondly, you might be exerting yourself too much. Most people want to load up and do very heavy weights right away. This will do the opposite as far as progress. Work on your form because you currently have muscle imbalances and will plateau early without being able to progress. You need to be on a linear program right now. There were several recommended in your last thread, depending in your goals.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Can someone take a video of you squatting? It's important to see your form. Do it with slightly less weight. I'll post more later on the subject
///3oris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #12
Olympus
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Sav
Odometer: 75000
Bike: Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy again View Post
LOL!

Ok, here's another question....The damn pad on the barbell for squats simply sucks. With the weight on the bar (obviously) when I go to lift it it f'ing HURTS my neck/back where it rests. I am fairly certain I am using proper form (had two different trainers tell me it was correct when I asked) so I don't think that's the issue.

Suggestions on what to do? "Suck it up" won't work. Discontinuing squats is obviously also not an option. Should I stop resting the bar there and do front squats? Are they as effective? Or is there a pad I can bring myself that would take care of the problem?
Dude you are facing a lot of problems I have in the past.
Try squaring at the smith bar. Also try front squat.

Legs are the biggest muscle group in the human body, therefore the most demanding one. If you notice any custom workout-diet plan they highest intake day (calories and carbs) are typically on leg day. Because that's when you burn the most and need refueling.

Front squat was a big solution to me. And now I superset between regular squat and front at the smith machine.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:40 AM   #13
crazyirish101
I fall down, go boom

Call Me: BK
Odometer: 50k+
Bike: 2013 Ducati scrap pile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdrummer View Post
And - I almost puke after every workout. Legs is the only workout I actually have lost the contents of my stomach.
especially in my power lifting days...they were the best of times and the worst of times Abs and quads always made me yak

As stated ditch the pad. If you can have a guest at your gym (for no $) i can head up and work with you on your squating form.

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
crazyirish101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #14
ITGbuDeev
Ginga' Ninja

Call Me: Kyle
Odometer: 20,000
Bike: VFR800, zx6rr

You can try front squat, but cut the weight down big time till you get used to it. Front squat has a lot more minute details that need to come together for proper form, and failing to keep those details together can result in major form deterioration. Like a house of cards, remove one thing, shit falls apart quickly
ITGbuDeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #15
Petorius
Shrimp

Call Me: Pete
Bike: 03 SV

If you have unusually long forearms, you may not be flexible enough to do the rack position needed for the front squat. If you cant back squat low bar or front squat, you could "goblet squat" holding a big dumbbell against your chest. Pretty much anyone can do it but it is harder to use heavy weights and harder to load incrementally.
Petorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #16
Bobcat1059
Shrimp

Call Me: Nick
Odometer: 500
Bike: 04 SV650 naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty View Post
Prework out and empty stomach?
Bobcat1059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #17
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Call Me: Duh
Odometer: Mucho
Bike: 07 GSXR 750

Nothing wrong with feeling like you're gonna puke, it's happens to beginners and advanced. I've come very close but it's extremely hard for me to puke luckily. So sounds like they are saying the bar placement on your back is ok? You can always try to have the bar ride a little lower down your back and see how it feels very slightly that is. Also there's a way to use lifting straps to hold the bar so your hands are not on it which changes the pressure on the bar a bit. On my phone so can link it tonight. Also I used to roll my gym towel length wise across the bar it's not as soft that way but you can try that instead of the pad it may be more comfortable and less likely to slide which causes you to move the bar around thus causing more long run pain. Over the years my traps have grown decently big so I now just use those and nothing else. Been comfortable to high 400's with just the bar on my back :-).
Old 03-03-2015, 03:05 PM   #18
amajew
Hooligan bike,yes please!

Call Me: Andy
Odometer: 45K+
Bike: 08 KTM Super Duke, 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

I just started squatting again for my leg routine. I don't go heavy at all, fuck that... I need my spine to last my lifetime...
for those who squat silly weight, good for you ...
I work different foot positions on the leg sled and use the full hack squat machine facing backwards (it's the machine to the left of the seated calf raise machines as you enter the weight lifting area at the gym). I get my glutes engaged with that exercise and pound the shit out of my quads on the sled and leg extension...

You don't "have to" do squats... there are other exercises and machines that will do the same thing without the extra pressure on your spine
amajew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #19
Olympus
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Sav
Odometer: 75000
Bike: Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by amajew View Post

You don't "have to" do squats... there are other exercises and machines that will do the same thing without the extra pressure on your spine
the benefit with squats is that it is a full body exercise when done correctly. obviously you can work just on legs but squats are actually really good for you regardless of goal (fat loss/muscle gain)
Old 03-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #20
bartman314
Shrimp

Call Me: bart
Odometer: not eno
Bike: ducati multistrada 1200s, 1198sp, hypermotard 1100s

different people have different response. my stomach is generally good - i almost faint when lifting heavy squats or deads. i have noticed my stomach is more queezy with certain pre-workouts (although haven't zero-ed in on the particular component.

try mixing up the pre-workout (as suggested).

regarding bar position, i agree with others about the lower back position - definitely better once you get used to it.
bartman314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
questions, workout or fitness