You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Everything Bike

Old 11-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #111
Imbeek
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: Gary
Odometer: A lot
Bike: A few faithful beaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
It's fun because you feed off each other's stupidity...

Just like the NY trip this year haha.
Yeah I'm not talking about camp outs and WV trips and stuff where there's a lot more going on at night. I'm talking about going thru the motions of scheduling a ride to go to toy makers, for example, vs just riding there yourself.
Imbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:45 PM   #112
brucev
Shrimp

Call Me: Bruce
Odometer: 100000+
Bike: BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
I don't mind riding with friends but their availability sure as hell doesn't affect whether I'm gonna go riding or not, at least on the street. Dirt's another story, since I don't really feel like being consumed by coyotes some night.

Anyway, as far as the riding with friends thing, I kinda don't get the allure of riding with them. You can't talk while riding without intercoms, you attract more attention from cops, and probably ride faster than normal, and then when you get somewhere it's a man date with no drinks. Now that I'm typing this, I remember typing something similar before, about how it's fun being a megalomaniac riding solo.
I get that - I really wasn't talking about the Sunday ride with friends - I also rather the few hour blast most times by myself.

I was referring to the many trips my friends and I used to take - hitting the road for a few weeks - those trips were the best.

I was fortunate to get to do a good number of those trips.

I also did several 2-3 week trips with my daughter - those trips honestly were priceless. She went and grew up and moved away so again an other riding partner gone.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #113
adouglas
Shrimp Boat Captain

Call Me: Andrew
Odometer: Lots
Bike: 2011 GSX-R750 street, ex-Boris 06 R6 track

I'm more in the Greta Garbo "I want to be alone" camp.

Hanging out with likeminded people is fun to be sure, but group rides are, to me, more trouble than they're worth.

When you ride alone you get to pick where you go, be impulsive, ride at your own pace, leave when you like, stop when and where you like, for as long as you like.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #114
Petro50
Shrimp

Call Me: Paul AKA(Billy The Squid)
Odometer: LOTS
Bike: Suzuki Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I'm more in the Greta Garbo "I want to be alone" camp.

Hanging out with likeminded people is fun to be sure, but group rides are, to me, more trouble than they're worth.

When you ride alone you get to pick where you go, be impulsive, ride at your own pace, leave when you like, stop when and where you like, for as long as you like.
Absolutely ! ! When it comes to group rides more then 4 is too many unless everyone is on the same page . Never liked having more bikes then I can see at one time around me
Petro50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #115
Kane
BOATS AND HOE'S

Call Me: Matt
Odometer: 100k+
Bike: 11 GSXR750, 125cc death machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro50 View Post
Absolutely ! ! When it comes to group rides more then 4 is too many unless everyone is on the same page . Never liked having more bikes then I can see at one time around me
My group rides got to the point that someone crashed every ride. The tipping point for me was when a rider crashed 200 miles from home in the middle of nowhere after I pleaded for him to slow down and keep it easy. I was mentally down after that for hosting any public rides. After that I just rode with a few close friends.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #116
Petro50
Shrimp

Call Me: Paul AKA(Billy The Squid)
Odometer: LOTS
Bike: Suzuki Hayabusa

I am getting the feel for the pain that you guys are all feeling about things and groups and all . I apologize its taken me this long to grasp the concept about things and the losses you guys have endured. I have always walked away from any requests for me to do large group rides in the past and that may possibly be why I do not have many bikes to ride with now a Days . Any group ride should be 4 or less for many many many reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Petro50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorcycling, motorcyclist, stop