You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Everything Bike

Old 11-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
richw
Ranting Geezer

Call Me: Rich
Odometer: 140000
Bike: VStrom 1k DRZ 250

It will get worse before it gets really worser

If it doesn't have a screen its doomed
Old 11-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #12
lucky6600
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: Ching
Odometer: enough
Bike: Not enough Beemers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
Sad, but not surprising. It isn't 2007 anymore. Nobody is buying motorcycles, therefor nobody is accessorizing motorcycles.

I am that "nobody" !!
lucky6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:17 AM   #13
soofle616
Keeper of "The List"

Call Me: Ian
Odometer: lots
Bike: Pasta, rice, and a big lump of potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky6600 View Post
I am that "nobody" !!
No you're not. You're buying older bikes not new. While you may be spending money on replacement parts to rebuild those bikes, I know you to not be the type to go nuts on accessories so at least in the context of this discussion, you aren't helping. The industry needs fresh blood buying new bikes, new gear, new farkles. Basically it needs money that the current crop of riders isn't providing anymore.
soofle616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:27 AM   #14
GixerJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?

Call Me: Noel
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky6600 View Post
I am that "nobody" !!
No you aren't. You buy shit older than you are. And they parts you're buying to refurbish them were thrown out by BMW decades ago.

You're not doing anything to feed new motorcycle sales.
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
Noel's garage is where Motorcycles go to die. don't sell it to him. Sell it to me.
GixerJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #15
downshift
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Gabe
Odometer: -5
Bike: 1994 Yamaha FZR600RF

Honestly, fuck the "accessorizing" industry. If I never have to see another set of spiked bar ends, seat tassels, or those sportbike mirrors that look like a skeleton is holding them it'd be too fucking soon.

I'm assuming this whole deal isn't affecting the track/race market (read: Woodcraft, Vortex, Dynojet, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3
downshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #16
Imbeek
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: Gary
Odometer: A lot
Bike: A few faithful beaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift View Post
Honestly, fuck the "accessorizing" industry. If I never have to see another set of spiked bar ends, seat tassels, or those sportbike mirrors that look like a skeleton is holding them it'd be too fucking soon.
Screw the posers and the companies who bling them. Surprised it took this long for the last of the suckers to discover that hardtail bikes with 12” wide rear tires and geometry and clearance for a battleship turning radius really aren’t good for much except as a barely portable statue representing extreme spending stupidity.

I think where the whole thing jumped the shark was when kid rock and Jesse James tried riding to Mexico on TV and the bikes couldn’t make it and the riders looked like they wouldn’t be able to walk for a month.
Imbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:25 AM   #17
GixerJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?

Call Me: Noel
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...

Quote:

I'm assuming this whole deal isn't affecting the track/race market (read: Woodcraft, Vortex, Dynojet, etc.).
OF course it is... Tucker Rocky is one of the biggest distributors of the products made by those companies.
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
Noel's garage is where Motorcycles go to die. don't sell it to him. Sell it to me.
GixerJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #18
FasYankee
Lemming King

Call Me: Darren
Odometer: I walk
Bike: European whores & crippled Japs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
Screw the posers and the companies who bling them. Surprised it took this long for the last of the suckers to discover that hardtail bikes with 12” wide rear tires and geometry and clearance for a battleship turning radius really aren’t good for much except as a barely portable statue representing extreme spending stupidity.

I think where the whole thing jumped the shark was when kid rock and Jesse James tried riding to Mexico on TV and the bikes couldn’t make it and the riders looked like they wouldn’t be able to walk for a month.

I fell for the "lower is better/cooler" lie after I got my Warrior. Member on the RSW site put up a free set of lowering links that I jumped on.......what a miserable mistake. The bike refused to turn, would bottom the tire into the rear fender and overalls just was uncomfortable. Not to mention the feelers touched down if you whispered the word corner within 3 feet of the thing.......it lasted like 2 weeks before I swapped it back. I can see having a bike like that for the guy who lives in a city area, doesn't ride much and when he does it's for bar-hopping or just looking cool around town. (It did look sick slammed like that). But like many/most here I actually ride my bikes, the "cool" garbage has no place in my garage for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
everybody wants to be black till the cops show up.
FasYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:29 AM   #19
soofle616
Keeper of "The List"

Call Me: Ian
Bike: Pasta, rice, and a big lump of potato

Quote:

You do realize that accessories includes things like chains, sprockets, levers, grips, windshields, etc., etc. that we all DO want and need for our bikes right? And that aftermarket includes all sorts of replacement parts to repair/maintain your bike so that you don't always have to pay dealer prices? You do also understand that a reduction in the aftermarket of any one of these major distributors will affect pricing and availability for all of this stuff not just the stupid spikes and seat tassles? Cause if you're assuming that aftermarket just means dumb shit that posers put on bikes, you're really not getting it.
soofle616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #20
yzedf
Grip it and rip it

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 60k+
Bike: pedal power

Quote:
A lot of those mid-size and smaller aftermarket companies are selling direct to customer now.
yzedf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, bad, news