You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > Market Place > I Want/Need

Old 10-17-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
soulfire
Shrimp Boat Captain

Call Me: Matt
Odometer: fug it.
Bike: In a pile of storage bins..

Default ISO cheap Kawasaki Mule or similar

Not two wheeled related. Looking for a cheap/used/older Mule or a John Deere Gator, something like that. If it needs a some work, that's ok. Will be for the COREC organization for trail maintenance and clean-ups so it will get it's ass kicked, no pun intended. Trying to keep it in the $500 range.
soulfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
GixerJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?

Call Me: Noel
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...

You're getting crickets because your desired price range isn't anything close to realistic. Your request of a Mule or Gator is where you should be looking since you want a cheap, total POS. But even those two pieces of crap, badly beat up and left for dead, sell for much more than $500.
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
Noel's garage is where Motorcycles go to die. don't sell it to him. Sell it to me.
GixerJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
soulfire
Shrimp Boat Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
You're getting crickets because your desired price range isn't anything close to realistic. Your request of a Mule or Gator is where you should be looking since you want a cheap, total POS. But even those two pieces of crap, badly beat up and left for dead, sell for much more than $500.
I realize what I'm asking for. I wasn't expecting something nice or even running, just something to beat on for trail maintenance. I have a full race car shop at my disposal so getting it operational wouldn't be an issue. I do have feelers out to Cofiells and Roost Powersports to see if they can do anything to help us. Just trying to make something out of nothing. Asking is better than doing nothing.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
GixerJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?

Call Me: Noel
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfire View Post
I realize what I'm asking for. I wasn't expecting something nice or even running, just something to beat on for trail maintenance. I have a full race car shop at my disposal so getting it operational wouldn't be an issue. I do have feelers out to Cofiells and Roost Powersports to see if they can do anything to help us. Just trying to make something out of nothing. Asking is better than doing nothing.
Indeed, asking is better than keeping quiet. I was just offering some sideways advise. Mostly in case you didn't have the right mindset (which is seems you do).

I understand that you'd prefer a SxS, but would a 4x4 ATV do the job for you? I ask because its way more realistic to find something like that, running, in your desired price range.
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
Noel's garage is where Motorcycles go to die. don't sell it to him. Sell it to me.
GixerJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
soulfire
Shrimp Boat Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
Indeed, asking is better than keeping quiet. I was just offering some sideways advise. Mostly in case you didn't have the right mindset (which is seems you do).

I understand that you'd prefer a SxS, but would a 4x4 ATV do the job for you? I ask because its way more realistic to find something like that, running, in your desired price range.
A quad would do it but we already have access to a few of those (and nice ones at that) but they are also personal machines that I would rather not beat on for work instead of fun and they aren't owned by the organization. It's a PITA to build something from the absolute bottom but it's coming... slowly. Doing my best to keep business and pleasure as separate as possible this way the organization can't get blamed for ruining this or that. Just had to try. Ya never know, someone might want to be charitable, a hard concept to come by these days.

Last edited by soulfire; 10-31-2017 at 11:34 AM..

Tags
cheap, iso, kawasaki, mule, similar