You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > Market Place > I Want/Need
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
soulfire
Shrimp Boat Captain
 
soulfire's Avatar
 
Call Me: Matt
Location: Coventry
Odometer: fug it.
Bike: In a pile of storage bins..
Posts: 917

Default ISO cheap Kawasaki Mule or similar

Not two wheeled related. Looking for a cheap/used/older Mule or a John Deere Gator, something like that. If it needs a some work, that's ok. Will be for the COREC organization for trail maintenance and clean-ups so it will get it's ass kicked, no pun intended. Trying to keep it in the $500 range.
soulfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
GixerJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?
 
GixerJockey's Avatar
 
Call Me: Noel
Location: Meriden
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...
Posts: 18,031

Default

You're getting crickets because your desired price range isn't anything close to realistic. Your request of a Mule or Gator is where you should be looking since you want a cheap, total POS. But even those two pieces of crap, badly beat up and left for dead, sell for much more than $500.
__________________
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
Noel's garage is where Motorcycles go to die. don't sell it to him. Sell it to me.
GixerJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
soulfire
Shrimp Boat Captain
 
soulfire's Avatar
 
Call Me: Matt
Location: Coventry
Odometer: fug it.
Bike: In a pile of storage bins..
Posts: 917

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
You're getting crickets because your desired price range isn't anything close to realistic. Your request of a Mule or Gator is where you should be looking since you want a cheap, total POS. But even those two pieces of crap, badly beat up and left for dead, sell for much more than $500.
I realize what I'm asking for. I wasn't expecting something nice or even running, just something to beat on for trail maintenance. I have a full race car shop at my disposal so getting it operational wouldn't be an issue. I do have feelers out to Cofiells and Roost Powersports to see if they can do anything to help us. Just trying to make something out of nothing. Asking is better than doing nothing.
soulfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
GixerJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?
 
GixerJockey's Avatar
 
Call Me: Noel
Location: Meriden
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...
Posts: 18,031

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfire View Post
I realize what I'm asking for. I wasn't expecting something nice or even running, just something to beat on for trail maintenance. I have a full race car shop at my disposal so getting it operational wouldn't be an issue. I do have feelers out to Cofiells and Roost Powersports to see if they can do anything to help us. Just trying to make something out of nothing. Asking is better than doing nothing.
Indeed, asking is better than keeping quiet. I was just offering some sideways advise. Mostly in case you didn't have the right mindset (which is seems you do).

I understand that you'd prefer a SxS, but would a 4x4 ATV do the job for you? I ask because its way more realistic to find something like that, running, in your desired price range.
__________________
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITGbuDeev View Post
Noel's garage is where Motorcycles go to die. don't sell it to him. Sell it to me.
GixerJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
soulfire
Shrimp Boat Captain
 
soulfire's Avatar
 
Call Me: Matt
Location: Coventry
Odometer: fug it.
Bike: In a pile of storage bins..
Posts: 917

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
Indeed, asking is better than keeping quiet. I was just offering some sideways advise. Mostly in case you didn't have the right mindset (which is seems you do).

I understand that you'd prefer a SxS, but would a 4x4 ATV do the job for you? I ask because its way more realistic to find something like that, running, in your desired price range.
A quad would do it but we already have access to a few of those (and nice ones at that) but they are also personal machines that I would rather not beat on for work instead of fun and they aren't owned by the organization. It's a PITA to build something from the absolute bottom but it's coming... slowly. Doing my best to keep business and pleasure as separate as possible this way the organization can't get blamed for ruining this or that. Just had to try. Ya never know, someone might want to be charitable, a hard concept to come by these days.

Last edited by soulfire; 10-31-2017 at 11:34 AM..
soulfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cheap, iso, kawasaki, mule, similar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
steep and cheap similar sites dynamite196 Bull Pen 22 10-02-2013 06:32 PM
Borrow an ez-up (or similar) for this weekend... krazy again I Want/Need 7 08-29-2013 07:17 PM
Similar to a Spartan Sprint...but looks like more fun!!! krazy again Rides and Events 8 10-16-2012 09:02 AM
Vstar or something similar Gilly1331 I Want/Need 1 04-15-2012 10:38 AM
Similar to Superduke990? FasYankee Everything Bike 20 04-11-2010 05:30 PM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contact Us - BoRn - Archive - Top