You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Everything Bike

Old 10-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #131
The Outlaw
Sir DUCalot

Call Me: K
Odometer: alot
Bike: 01 R6 Champs edition, 56 Ducati, 56 F100

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
Work at will or not, if they fired him solely based on some one showing him some fb pictures, claiming he's a thief but the guy isn't formally charged, good luck with the wrongful termination suit.
You better think again then. No lawyer would touch this in a million years. I just went through something like this and spoke to two different lawyers. Actual paid lawyers. Not internet armchair judges.

If his boss felt that his employee was dealing in stolen auto's and he owns a auto parts place. He would be 100 percent within his rights to fire the guy.

This just plain sucks for them. Obviously by the way Darren explained the warrant process the warrant must have been in the works. With the evidence they had why would they go to the house without it?

LRRS/CCS AM #559 / TTD Instructor #13 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
R.I.P. More than there should be....

The Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #132
Imbeek
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: Gary
Odometer: A lot
Bike: A few faithful beaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outlaw View Post
With the evidence they had why would they go to the house without it?
Less paperwork.

This whole thread is frustrating. As a police department, how the hell do you: blow off the victim for two or three days when there is solid evidence of a crime with a (now proven) time sensitivity, then blow off the warrant process, then go to a house with no idea if the guy is home to see if you can get a (snowballs chance in hell) consent to search, then accept as true the assumption that he isn't home when he doesn't answer, then leave a gap for him to waltz away with the stolen stuff right afterwards. Any chance if the cops had bothered to stake out the place for a short time afterwards, this dipshit would've led them to a ton more stolen vehicles, wherever he took this bike?

ANY non-government entity would be facing civil consequences for malpractice, negligence, or outright assistance in completion of the crime given these facts. What an absolute joke.

The fact that some people in this country want MORE important tasks to be handled by government (like healthcare!), with no repurcussions for horrible performance, blows my mind.
Imbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:32 AM   #133
Mercurial
Selective Autism

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: 35000
Bike: CBR600RR, RSV1000R

My justice boner is super limp at the moment
Old 10-28-2017, 04:31 PM   #134
jeffg
Shrimp

Call Me: jeff
Odometer: 100k
Bike: 02 R6, 09 FZ1, 04 999

In case anybody is interested, our boy brought home another bike today. Is it legit?
jeffg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #135
Mr. Kurtz
Kurtacus Spartacus

Call Me: Mike
Odometer: 100,000
Bike: 04 R6, 88 ZX600C, 12 EX650R, 05 450 EXC, 03 XR100, 03 Ego, 05 TTR15LE, 00 Aprilia SR50

I give everyone involved a lot of credit here, because I most certainly would have taken the law into my own hands by now.
Mr. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #136
01XJ
Vice President Palin

Call Me: Adam
Odometer: 1
Bike: Street Triple

This is like half keyboard hero half legit but I would probably be so pissed off I'd just call the PD and say I'm bringing my gun and getting my bike back. Might want to send an officer.
01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:25 PM   #137
Mercurial
Selective Autism

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: 35000
Bike: CBR600RR, RSV1000R

Soo... wtf ever happen to this?
Old 11-11-2017, 04:43 AM   #138
jeffg
Shrimp

No justice... the detectives told me they could not get a warrant based on facebook pictures. They would need to see the bike in the garage, themselves. I offered to call them when the garage door was open which would give them the opportunity to see in the garage. I made the call at about 5:30 on a Thursday. They arrived 15 later. Unfortunately, everyone went in the house and closed the door just prior to the police arriving on scene. The police knocked on the door, but no one answered. The police left. 30 minutes later I saw the bike leave the premises. On Friday evening the detectives showed up with a warrant...the warrant they said they couldn't get because they didn't have probable cause.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:46 AM   #139
scubasteve

Call Me: Steve
Odometer: 35000+
Bike: 2013 Ninja 1000

I'd guess the bike was worth more to dozer as a check than getting it back. Didn't help that he was away the week following the theft and couldn't be in the PD's face about it.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #140
jeffg
Shrimp

Steve,
Thats all true. Part of the problem is the bike was stolen on a Tuesday and wasn't reported til Thursday. I saw the original post on Wednesday and called WPD at once. I was bitching out the dispatcher for their lack of action...on a stolen bike that wasn't yet reported stolen.

Tags
bike, stolen