You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Everything Bike

Old 11-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #11
Petro50
Shrimp

Call Me: Paul AKA(Billy The Squid)
Odometer: LOTS
Bike: Suzuki Hayabusa

Got on the bike for first time in two weeks at 3:30 today after work and just got off at 6 ...... Absolutely AWESOME RIDING just now , nothing better than shredding rt 9 down my end and blasting a few wheelies to get the work day off ...... I will ride till the day my legs can’t hold the bike up at a light
Petro50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #12
adouglas
Shrimp Boat Captain

Call Me: Andrew
Odometer: Lots
Bike: 2011 GSX-R750 street, ex-Boris 06 R6 track

I've obviously not given up motorcycling, but I have given up a number of other things. Whitewater kayaking, for example. And weed, way back in my misspent youth.

It was never really a conscious decision. One day, the activity simply didn't appeal to me anymore. I moved on to something else. No regrets, didn't look back, have fond memories.

One day it might happen with motorcycles too. Not today.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #13
450SMRider
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: jonathan
Odometer: enough
Bike: 2007 aprilia sxv 450 2008 aprilia rsv1000 2009 yamaha warrior midnight edition

Time and kid, heather works eves I work days, she has hunter durning day I have him when I get home....as soon as I can Iíll have another bike of some sorts
450SMRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #14
The Snowman
Bikeless in Blackstone

Call Me: Chuck
Odometer: >50,000
Bike: N/A

I did it over a few years. My crash in 2014 made me think hard about my mortality, so I stopped racing. When I started skating as part of my rehab from the crash, it just took over as my main hobby. I did a couple of seasons w/ Tonyís, but had a hard time splitting my time off between track days and skate competitions, until skating took the priority. As for street, I lost interest when I had my accident in 2009, so I hadnít really done much of that after that point.
CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
|
The Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #15
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Call Me: Duh
Odometer: Mucho
Bike: 07 GSXR 750

Currently for me I just can't stand riding mine on the street, I need it sold so I can have something comfortable for both me and the wife and then I'll be back in it. So yeah I gave it up per say for the pat 2 years ish but mainly due to being uncomfortable on what I got.

Oh and yeah even wouldn't mind a street glide

Last edited by eric351w; 11-02-2017 at 09:07 PM..
eric351w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #16
ninja fruit
NegativeIamAmeatPopsicle

Call Me: The Donald
Odometer: All
Bike: Il Massimo, Trek

I made a lot of good friends on my motorcycle but over time as those friendships developed I started become aware that I wasnt enjoying riding as much and was spending more time with those same friends off the bike. So I just stopped riding and sold the bike. So far no regrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.
ninja fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #17
theducman
EXPERT NOVICE

Call Me: Mike
Odometer: 30k
Bike: Ducati MTS1200(Street) Suzuki SV650 (Race) Honda XR100(flat track),Yamaha XT225 (Durty)

I can't give it up. I love it too much. Plus, my wife and I met on bikes so it's kind of "our" thing too.
theducman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #18
The Outlaw
Sir DUCalot

Call Me: K
Odometer: alot
Bike: 01 R6 Champs edition, 56 Ducati, 56 F100

Hit by a truck, got lucky in a bad track wreck, ten of throusands of dollars spent, son who is my world and wanting to be there for everything he does. Meaning motorcycles both took so much time and I just don’t trust drivers. Spending time with my wife that I can actually have a conversation with while doing.

Still love bikes and will be back one day. Just right now it no longer fits my life.

LRRS/CCS AM #559 / TTD Instructor #13 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
R.I.P. More than there should be....

The Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #19
Mercurial
Selective Autism

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: 35000
Bike: CBR600RR, RSV1000R

For me I have toyed around with the of picking up a Ducati 1299 or something similar for the last year, however given my living situation (apartment in CA, no tools and prob moving again in 6 months across the country) I've shied away from the idea.

The MAIN issue for me is its boring. Street riding after stunting, racing and crazy canyons is just blah. For me to enjoy it I have to do really really dumb shit. Im just in a point in my life now that im like ehhh about it. I cant change that, I dont know how to. Hell Lauren wants me to get a bike and im whatever about it.

I keep telling myself get something nice and fancy and pretty and just tool around here and there but then i remind myself the inner retard is strong. I keep saying when you get a house get the bike, have your garage full of tools and do shit to it... i keep waiting for the house. But I have a feeling when we get the house I'll end up with a stupid expensive super car instead, it'll be something new to me and more functional and still fun.

I do miss it though. I dont miss the ride itself I miss riding with good friends.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #20
AEG
Forrest Stump

Call Me: Alex
Odometer: 1x,xxx
Bike: FZ1

I used to ski a lot when I was younger. Started inKarpatian Mountains, Caucasus and when moved to the US, Colorado, Utah. And on occasion the Alps. I've also done the amateur racing for CISC. Then the kids happened and the time and money become less and less.
One day my wife made a mistake by saying a classic "Do whatever you want" when I mentioned a motorcycle. I knew I had an opening that I could never use again and one day the bike appeared in the garage and me innocently claiming - I had your OK, right? That was what you said, right?
Unfortunately during the heydays of the ODFU and BORN my free time was limited and on the few rides I was able to make I felt I was the anchor nobody wanted to drag along.
I still enjoy riding and it is my escape from the everyday routine. I had a great time on motorcycle touring Italy for 12 days and I don't see the reason to stop riding. It does not have to be all consummate activity, and can be enjoyable at any level.

Tags
motorcycling, motorcyclist, stop