You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Everything Bike

Old 11-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #21
drinkingmymilk
I swear, I'm an adult.

Call Me: Chris
Odometer: 40k
Bike: Twin triples and lots of pedals.

I just shift my two wheeled adventure.

Dirt, street, track, mtb, road bike, you name it. Two wheels I’ve done it at some point. I’m a revolving door. Some years different things are the main focus. This year it was street in the spring. House in the summer. Dirt/mtb in the fall. The year after that, probably street as the nephew will be big enough to ride pilon and he wants too.

Matt 9/19/10
drinkingmymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:57 PM   #22
lucky6600
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: Ching
Odometer: enough
Bike: Not enough Beemers

I will say it's more like "culture change".

Here in US, motorcycle is a luxury toy and not mean of transportation.

Many people bought/owned a bike/bikes for image. Maintaining the image won't get anybody too far.

Passion is another thing that people are on motorcycles in US. Passion costs time and money. When one of them burn out, passion disappeared, and bye-bye to the bikes.

I like my motorcycle therapy. It not only makes my life happy, but also makes wife happy (Happy wife Happy life). Why? Because she owns half whatever I have. My motorcycle hobbit supports itself financially, so why should I stop it?
lucky6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:48 AM   #23
richw
Ranting Geezer

Call Me: Rich
Odometer: 140000
Bike: VStrom 1k DRZ 250

I like to explore, just turn down any road I haven't been on

Cars suck, cant have fun unless you can pass, (super car ha) deliberately live in the quiet corner so decent roads at the end of my driveway.

Loved doing Yellowstone, Bear tooth this summer and am planning to do Rockies the end of June, with my brother. Visit some old acquaintances in Adirondacks and 200 miles North of Toronto in August.

Wanted to go to Nova Scotia but want at least 1 companion, no takers

I do appreciate my old Vstrom 1k good power, reasonable handling, long distance comfort and 2 track capabilities.

Also have a Pachaug weapon

My son MAY be the best pole vaulter in Connecticut definitely top 4 so he is NOT allowed to do dirt bike, ski etc. if that changes we will be out together

Been doing this 50 + years, if you keep your bike long its cheap entertainment
Old 11-03-2017, 06:46 AM   #24
TIMMYDUCK
Head Woodchuck

Call Me: Tim-E-Duck
Odometer: 392 K +
Bike: 2006 GSX1300RK6

The concept of being a Non-Rider is beyond my comprehension .

I have had a 2 wheeled motorized vehicles since the age of 6, and shall try to ride till the day I die.

Raybusa0818 you may be gone also, but you will never be forgotten. Godspeed to you always.................

Matt V ..........Godspeed to you , I know...
TIMMYDUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #25
downshift
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Gabe
Odometer: -5
Bike: 1994 Yamaha FZR600RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
I lost interest when I had my accident in 2009, so I hadnít really done much of that after that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
The MAIN issue for me is its boring. For me to enjoy it I have to do really really dumb shit. Im just in a point in my life now that im like ehhh about it.

I keep telling myself get something nice and fancy and pretty and just tool around here and there but then i remind myself the inner retard is strong.
pretty much exactly these three reasons for me. Nearly losing a leg also solidified the "street riding isn't worth it anymore" stance. Track days give me a great, low-stress outlet for motorcycling and the 5 or so I do every year keeps me entertained. As I advance as track rider maybe I'll come to the same conclusion Kyle did and get into racing one day.

If I ever really got back into motorcycling (beyond where I'm at today) I'd definitely go back to my roots and the reasons I got into it to begin with: working on/riding vintage bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
If the owner decided tomorrow that we'd change business models and start selling a product that would allow you to force bees to sting babies, I'd stay there as long as they kept compensating me the same way.
Current Track Day to Crash Ratio: 10:3
downshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:49 AM   #26
The Snowman
Bikeless in Blackstone

Call Me: Chuck
Odometer: >50,000
Bike: N/A

Default How does a motorcyclist just STOP motorcycling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
I just shift my two wheeled adventure.
I forgot about my hybrid bike. I bought a pair for Annalisa and I as recreational, but itís found a very important spot in my training regimen.

Also, on the street riding thing, as distracted driving with devices has become more popular, it has made street riding even more dangerous.
CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
|

Last edited by The Snowman; 11-03-2017 at 07:51 AM..
The Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:16 AM   #27
Petro50
Shrimp

Call Me: Paul AKA(Billy The Squid)
Odometer: LOTS
Bike: Suzuki Hayabusa

There is definitely enough riders on here , I am reading some say street is boring...... MORE PLANED RIDES AND ADVENTURES IS WHAT THIS BUNCH NEEDS ...... I have gone on average every other weekend this past season to some where NH , Maine , Catskills , NY ..... This past yr I have done it either by myself or my Girl absolutely loves to be on the bike with me . Any one out there that has a girl or wife that loves to ride ? ? I have a cheaper but new two up trailer can carry one more . Let’s start plotting and DO SOME ADVENTURE RIDES ! ! ! !

I am hearing about this West Virginia ride and I am seriously contemplating it but I would like to meet a few of you guys first , me being new to this site and all
Petro50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:20 AM   #28
Petro50
Shrimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyduck View Post
the concept of being a non-rider is beyond my comprehension .

I have had a 2 wheeled motorized vehicles since the age of 6, and shall try to ride till the day i die.
i am with ya on that man ! ! !
Old 11-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #29
Petro50
Shrimp

There is a website called VBRO ...... There is houses all over America on there for rental by day or week or weekend
Old 11-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #30
db79
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: unknown
Bike: GSXRs, VFR

20 years street riding plus a bunch more in dirt, track, etc and sold all my bikes this year for a temporary break. Just haven't had time to ride lately besides 1-2 trips per year. Had been itching to make the switch to sumo so something along those lines will probably be my next bike. But, in the meantime looking for my next 4-wheeled toy so my son can partake with me.
db79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorcycling, motorcyclist, stop