You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Everything Bike
   

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
~Killa Kawi~
Wagon Mafia
 
~Killa Kawi~'s Avatar
 
Call Me: JR
Location: Manchester, CT
Odometer: 50k
Bike: DUCATI 750 Custom, XR500R street thingy
Posts: 2,351

Thumbs up

any one know where to buy Icon helmets...other than online, i want to try em on and what not. thanks
__________________
-JR-

FKA - 93gixer6

~Killa Kawi~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Mr. Kurtz
Kurtacus Spartacus

 
Mr. Kurtz's Avatar
 
Call Me: Mike
Location: Naugatuck, CT
Odometer: 100,000
Bike: 04 R6, 88 ZX600C, 13 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO, 05 450 EXC, 03 XR100, 03 Ego, 00 Aprilia SR50
Posts: 25,262

Default

Sorry man. ICON is one helmet brand we absolutely cannot sell at work. Legal stuff.
Mr. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
LaRNZ
Shrimp Boat Captain
 
LaRNZ's Avatar
 
Call Me: Chris
Location: Tewks , MA
Odometer: 55kish
Bike: '06 Zook 7Fiddy
Posts: 944

Default

they look nice and all, but ive heard of problems with them, like vents falling off..helmets are one of those things with me where im willing to spend the extra money on something nicer, like arai, soumy, shoei, agv, etc
__________________
LaRNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
CamaroJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?
 
CamaroJockey's Avatar
 
Call Me: Noel
Location: Meriden
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...
Posts: 18,194

Default

Quote:
they look nice and all, but ive heard of problems with them, like vents falling off..helmets are one of those things with me where im willing to spend the extra money on something nicer, like arai, soumy, shoei, agv, etc
[/b]


Not at all impressed with the Ikon helmets. Graphics are cool but the quality sucks.
__________________
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
This place is about as family friendly as donkey porn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
CamaroJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
~Killa Kawi~
Wagon Mafia
 
~Killa Kawi~'s Avatar
 
Call Me: JR
Location: Manchester, CT
Odometer: 50k
Bike: DUCATI 750 Custom, XR500R street thingy
Posts: 2,351

Default

Quote:


Not at all impressed with the Ikon helmets. Graphics are cool but the quality sucks.
[/b]
ok good to know never mind ill keep lookin
__________________
-JR-

FKA - 93gixer6

~Killa Kawi~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #6
johnny mac
Shrimp Boat Captain
 
Call Me: Johnny mac
Location: Torrington
Odometer: 50,000
Bike: None
Posts: 1,102

Default

For roughly the same price as a low end arai or shoei by low end I mean choice of graphics, they are a tad on the heavy side "for the price". I thought about it then I said to myself just get one of the other two. My 2 cents
__________________
Work hard, Play Hard but above all stay hard






johnny mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
erik
bike? what bike?
 
erik's Avatar
 
Call Me: Erik
Location: Guilford, CT
Odometer: 15k
Bike: 06 honda cbr600f4i
Posts: 3,698

Default

Quote:
Graphics are cool but the quality sucks.
[/b]
what about the quality sucks...i bought a closeout one from newenough for 70 bux...its nothing fancy looking...but should i b worried about a vent falling off, or do i need to be worried about my head going thru it if i hit the pavement? im assuming that since it is DOT and snell...then it HAS to have the impact quality...but the rest of the quality is what will suffer w/ a cheaper helmet? correct me if im wrong

(didnt mean to treadjack)
erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:25 AM   #8
andrewdni
Shrimp
 
andrewdni's Avatar
 
Call Me: Andrew
Location: Ct
Odometer: 15k+
Bike: Which one?
Posts: 493

Default

Quote:
what about the quality sucks...i bought a closeout one from newenough for 70 bux...its nothing fancy looking...but should i b worried about a vent falling off, or do i need to be worried about my head going thru it if i hit the pavement? im assuming that since it is DOT and snell...then it HAS to have the impact quality...but the rest of the quality is what will suffer w/ a cheaper helmet? correct me if im wrong

(didnt mean to treadjack)
[/b]
You will be alright. Most likely, unless the helmet is deffective.


There is a difference though between getting a 100 dollar helmet and a 500 dollar helmet.

And that is you dont leave it on ur bike
andrewdni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #9
CamaroJockey
Is it still a "mid-life" crisis at age 40?
 
CamaroJockey's Avatar
 
Call Me: Noel
Location: Meriden
Odometer: lots
Bike: TWINS! I fucking love twins! Wait...
Posts: 18,194

Default

Quote:
You will be alright. Most likely, unless the helmet is deffective.
There is a difference though between getting a 100 dollar helmet and a 500 dollar helmet.

And that is you dont leave it on ur bike
[/b]
Like anything else. You get what you pay for. a more expensive helmet gets better with every respect. Better protection, more comfort, better liner material, adjustable sizing, better venting, quieter, lighter and on and on...

Snell and Dot are protection guidelines. A $100 helmet meets the minimum standards for protection. A $500 helmet exceeds the standards. To each his own, but I'm not going to trust my dome to anything that meets the minimum. We participate in a high speed, dangerous sport. Your helmet is you most important piece of protective gear. Don't cheap out!
__________________
LRRS/CCS Amateur #514 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
This place is about as family friendly as donkey porn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Noel is my hero
CamaroJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
SpeedZilla
Shrimp Boat Captain
 
SpeedZilla's Avatar
 
Call Me: Ken
Location: Enfield, CT
Odometer: ALOT
Bike: None ANYMORE
Posts: 1,096

Default

I have had my Mainframe for three years now, I cannot complain about quality one bit, I tried on 500 dollar helmets and found really no increase in quality. In fact the Arai and shoei felt really tight on the top of my head to the point that it was uncomfortable.

Trash ICON all you want but the lid and gloves I got have been A-O.K. in my book.....
__________________
"Awesome taste in motorcycles + sweaters...."---Reed

Quote:
i didnt start this thread to talk about year round gay pride floats
SpeedZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
helmets, icon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contact Us - BoRn - Archive - Top