You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen > Fat burners

Notices

Old 05-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #271
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Call Me: Duh
Odometer: Mucho
Bike: 07 GSXR 750

So had my appointment today, left there with some mixed feelings. Basically I go in with my mind made up that I want to do the injections and be done with it, they are tried and true so I know they are guaranteed to work. The doc throws a curve ball at me and mentions that there is a pill alternative that he has seen many have great results with. He said for someone my age even though kids isn't necessarily on the horizon I may want to try alternatives before permanently shutting down my natural levels and having to pin myself for the rest of my life. He had some good points and left me really indecisive, i completely trust his opinion and he didn't force me either way. The reality is I'm not in a rush for something that I will essentially have to do the rest of my life so figured i will give the pill a shot and see. Turns out the pill is clomid, some may be familiar with it but its essentially what many people use for a post cycle therapy if they are doing a cycle of steroids. What it does from a hormone replacement therapy standpoint is it blocks estrogen at the pituitary which tricks the body to create more testosterone thus increasing your levels just like an injection would. Its not thoroughly studied though for long term effects as compared to injection so thats in the back of my mind. Its normally a fertility drug for women and until recently has been used for men in a more long term usage versus short term. Some have great results but some dont so its a roll of the dice and im trying it out for a month and then go back for more bloodwork to see where i stand. Script for a month is only $20 so if it works definitely a cheap option. Oh and there is no ill effects on ball shrinkage nor will it permanently shut me down, if anything it will help all of that and increase my ability to be more fertile.......will have to be careful there :-) I took my first pill today so will see what happens by end of the 30 day mark so more to come. Still apprehensive but at least its a start and I can change my mind at any point he said so that's good to know too.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:06 AM   #272
crazyirish101
I fall down, go boom

Call Me: BK
Odometer: 50k+
Bike: 2013 Ducati scrap pile

I almost thought you were going to say anadrol or deca when you said pill .I'll be curious to see your follow up blood work in regards to liver enzyme levels and function with the clomid

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
crazyirish101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #273
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Clomid is mild for liver toxicity but none the less I'm curious too and another thing to consider. I slept on it and am still concerned on other sides like blurred vision and fogginess along with the fact at the end of the day its a fertility drug for women that has not really been tested long term in men so there's some unknowns. Its not natural for men either like testosterone, yes test is synthetic however the hormone itself is natural.
eric351w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #274
///3oris
Lieutenant Dan

Call Me: B
Odometer: 6000
Bike: '15 Yamaha R1

OMG Dude... paragraphs!!

Hey, are we still doing our meet?
///3oris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #275
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

lolol yeah that's pretty bad now that im seeing it on my phone. As far as I know we are...........
Old 05-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #276
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

So taking the clomid didn't work out so stopped taking it earlier this week. Felt worse while on it, had headaches that were getting worse as time went on and mood was a crap shoot. Spoke to doc today and am starting injection in the beginning of June. Have to do the first injection at the office and then I can do the rest at home. At least I can say I gave it a shot and know the pill wasn't for me.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #277
db79
Forrest Gump

Call Me: Dave
Odometer: unknown
Bike: GSXRs, VFR

Your transition was starting and you're experiencing premenstrual symptoms.
db79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #278
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

oh man hahahahaha
Old 05-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #279
crazyirish101
I fall down, go boom

Call Me: BK
Odometer: 50k+
Bike: 2013 Ducati scrap pile

Hahahahaha

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
crazyirish101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:22 AM   #280
eric351w
Lord Dark Helmet

Had follow up blood work done this past Friday. This was a week and a half after I stopped taking the clomid which I was on for a little over 2 and a half weeks. In that short amount of time my T levels more than tripled surprisingly, now at 603. E2 and FSH had also increased to a little over the normal range which took part in some of the sides I experienced. No doubt that this could work out great for some as long as their side effects are mild.

Tags
supplementation