You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > Market Place > Bikes For Sale

Old 07-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
mattr302
9.5 > 10

Call Me: Raby
Odometer: 40k
Bike: FZ6, F4i, DR350

Default Feeler: Loaded 2010 Tiger 1050 (over $12k in mods)

Purchased this bike last fall. It's a phenomenal motorcycle, but I'm not sure if I'm really gelling with it. Liter bike power is a bit of an overkill for my 20 min, <45mph commute to work. And it's quite tall, and I'm the opposite, so day-to-day riding feels more of a chore, so I'm considering downsizing to something smaller. 26XXX miles.

The previous owner was a renowned Triumph technician, and farkled it to the extreme. I made a spreadsheet listing the cost of all the mods, and just what I remembered was easily over $12,000. Some of the highlights:

Suspension: Ohlins shock, Racetech forks, set up for ~180-200lb rider, plus luggage.
Luggage: Paint-matched Givi E52 topcase and E41 sidecases, on SW-motech racks, all cases with Admore lights. Also Triumph OEM rear sear bag.
Front brakes: Brembo calipers, Brembo pads, Brembo fully floating rotors, Brembo master cylinder, Brembo lever, and custom SS lines
Lighting: Euro Tiger Sport dual halogen housing replacement, Clearwater LED driving lights with a dimmer
Electrical: mounted Garmin Zumo 665, mounted Adaptive Radar/Laser Detector, Kisan Chargeguard, Doran Tire Pressure monitoring system, Triumph OEM heated grips, mounted dual heat-troller
3 Seats: Russell Daylong, Triumph Comfort Gel, and stock
2 Windscreens: cut-down stocker for summer, 20" Cee Bailey for cool weather
Miscellaneous: SW-Motech crash bars/footpegs/skidplate/centerstand, Arrow exhaust and tune, Barkbusters, paint-matched rear hugger, front/rear fender extenders, front/rear axle sliders, Stebel horn, tool tube, throttle rocker, Custom gold powder coated wheels, black powdercoated rearsets/exhaust guards/etc., probably much more I'm forgetting

Since I bought it, I replaced the battery 2 months ago, added the short windscreen, added the Russell seat (did the opposite of help my height situation), and bought a stock seat (was going to experiment with shaving it down).

The bad: Both fork seals are leaking and need replacing, and should replace the front pads too - I've noticed a decrease in the braking power due to the fork oil getting on the pads. I would only trust the PO's shop to do the work on the front forks since he did the Racetech upgrades. Also, the rear TPMS sensor battery might need replacing.

$7500 for everything, (7000 with only the stock seat) located near New Haven, CT.

Last edited by mattr302; 08-24-2018 at 03:57 PM..
mattr302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
mattr302
9.5 > 10

Call Me: Raby
Odometer: 40k
Bike: FZ6, F4i, DR350

Bumping this. Fork seals have been replaced, new Brembo pads are in hand, bike will be back together with a fresh oil change this weekend!

Did 100 miles 2-up with my wife last weekend. With the torque and suspension of this bike, it was unfazed by the addional passenger weight.
mattr302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
Joey Lawrence
Brown Prince of BoRn

Call Me: Joe
Odometer: 100K+
Bike: A pretty one that makes great noises & a dirty one old enough to drink

Trade you for my vfr :-)

WHOA

#dirtyprince
Joey Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #4