You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Bull Pen

Old 06-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #21
richw
Ranting Geezer

Call Me: Rich
Odometer: 140000
Bike: VStrom 1k DRZ 250

Cabot to st, Johnsbury is only a 1/2 hour
sort of a little town , with a small hospital
Old 06-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #22
boosten lebaron
Shrimp

Call Me: eric
Odometer: 200,000
Bike: 2010 r1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
Taxes. It was what changed my mind. Depending on how much you make that 20% will be eaten up as soon as you move. That 10k program is almost a joke as it will cost people nearly that much in additional tax burden over the course of a few years, that assuming your one of the few chosen for it.
I feel i should add that i actually do have a place in vt. Its in warren right at the base of mount ellen. Its a spare house for me so i dont get too involved in the vt government. Just pay my property taxes and thats it. I did do the math on switching that to my main US residence but taxes and overall extra cost to everything really come into play for me. Its fine as an extra place to live but not as an only place to live. With my life and lifestyle it all comes down to numbers. I would lose a significant amount of money every year if i registered as a full time resident. I just wanted to give the OP what i consider the biggest deal when i was looking into vermont that people may overlook. Quick glance says its great, look a little closer and its not so great after all like most places. I know most residents are blind to that.
Warren has my vote if your looking for a nice place to live and still be reasonably close to most ammenities, except for a highway.

Last edited by boosten lebaron; 06-15-2018 at 04:29 PM..
boosten lebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:44 AM   #23
Kane
BOATS AND HOE'S

Call Me: Matt
Odometer: 100k+
Bike: 11 GSXR750, 125cc death machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
I feel i should add that i actually do have a place in vt. Its in warren right at the base of mount ellen. Its a spare house for me so i dont get too involved in the vt government. Just pay my property taxes and thats it. I did do the math on switching that to my main US residence but taxes and overall extra cost to everything really come into play for me. Its fine as an extra place to live but not as an only place to live. With my life and lifestyle it all comes down to numbers. I would lose a significant amount of money every year if i registered as a full time resident. I just wanted to give the OP what i consider the biggest deal when i was looking into vermont that people may overlook. Quick glance says its great, look a little closer and its not so great after all like most places. I know most residents are blind to that.
Warren has my vote if your looking for a nice place to live and still be reasonably close to most ammenities, except for a highway.

Things like this play into my thoughts as well. I have good friend who lived up in that area I was considering and he gave me some good insight to. I think it is not the right move for me and my lifestyle.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
mungea
I'm the Nice One

Call Me: Adam
Odometer: 15000+
Bike: 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

As someone that is from VT originally, I love it and it will always be home. The issue is, I have been in CT for 10 years now and I have grown accustomed to the convenience. What I mean is, everything is just a little too far away. The grocery store, school, gas station, etc. It is hard to get what you need quickly, and it almost forces you to be a home body because it just takes too long to get anywhere.

It's cool if you're all about the outdoors, spending time in the woods, etc. But if you enjoy technology, convenience, going out, etc....probably not your place. If you want, give me a call and we can discuss. If you don't have my number (I think you do), shoot me a PM. I can give you the inside scoop from someone that has been in CT for 10 years

Tags
good, living, qualities, vermont