You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > Other BoRn Ways > BoRn Racers

Old 06-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Rada
Po Ta To

Call Me: Adam
Odometer: All
Bike: 08 GSXR 1000 05 SV650S (2) 08 FJR Various Dirt Scoots

Default RSP Racing 820 Loudon Classic

As most know I have not been racing much this year. It's been hard to stay away but life is busy and racing is taking a back seat.

This is the first year since I've been racing that Wendy has been able to come up for Friday. We headed up on Thursday afternoon loaded for bear. We were staying through to Monday night. We also had the RSP BBQ to look forward too. We rolled in Thursday night and I got to meet up with all the people I have missed staying home. Managed to get 7 full leg wrap hugs and a couple smooches. Dammit I love the people there.

Friday I decided to go back on my word and race the 1000 again. I really wanted to race on Friday and and wasn't doing no freeking GTL...
I was really excited to race this weekend. I had Mr. Kurtz over at MTAG Pirelli throw on fresh SC1 rear slick. Boy that felt nice out there.
I gridded up for Formula 40 Unlimited with my pal Jimmy Rich. Well I had a good launch but got squeezed between the guys in front of me. I pretty much rode around in last turning 1:20s and having a good time doing it. I tried to mount a charge to catch Jim but just didn't have the ballz to push that hard.

Saturday I just had one race. LWSS. With no points I lined up in the back. No big deal. I was there to have a good time and see if I still had some speed on the SV. Ran the race at a pretty steady 1:23 pace. Finished the race without panting in my helmet and the bike and I were still the same as they were when the green flag flew. Success!!! Now on to the RSP Racing BBQ fundraiser. We threw down and cooked a mountain of foood and fed a small army of people. Gave away a bunch of really awesome prizes and raised a big ole pile of cash for the Hornbecker fund. Oh yeah I did some dancing too.

Sunday was HOT HOT HOT and I was not digging it. I'm fat and way way way out of shape. Race 1 was LWSB. I had a ball. Ran along and maintained some real consistent laps and picked up some more speed. Best lap 1:21.7 That was not half bad. My next race was not until #12 so I had some time to relax.

Jimmy looked kinda hot out there on Pre grid so I fixed him up.

Race 12 showed up and I came out of the trailer and the air was so hot I almost got right back in there and said F that shit. But I figured I would head out there and see what I could manage. This was Kurlon's class and I wanted to try it. I was out there with Gino and Jake Vader along with a bunch of other cool cats. I spent a good chunk of the race dicing with those two and managed to come out on top. That was cool. I kinda had to slam the door on Jake in T11 on the last lap to stay ahead of him but you gotta do what you gotta do..

All in all this was a great race weekend. I got a chance to catch up with some great folks I have not seen in a while. I raced some and partied some. Even showed my belly some.

I can't thank my wife Wendy enough for all of her help getting to and from the track. I also want to thank my RSP Racing brothers for being awesome.

I have some great sponsors that help out so much. PK at GMD Computrack keeps my chassis solid. Woodcraft has all the best parts and body work. Sport Bike track gear makes it all possible with everything we need.

Till next time!!!

Keep your Potato Hot.

LRRS/CCS Expert Retired #820 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack /

2012 LRRS Rookie of the Year EX 820 Tony's Track Days Facebook Group Instructor #8
Rada is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
BMMCBR600RR
Crash Bandicoot

Call Me: Brendan
Odometer: 2many
Bike: 03 600RR / 09 ER6N / 07 EX650

I got my Rada hug! And it was wet! (Sorry bout that hahah).

Good to see you, the wife, and Emily this weekend!
LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
2009 Kawasaki ER6N
2007 Kawasaki EX650
BMMCBR600RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
DucatiMichael
Insert something witty here

Call Me: Michael
Odometer: 100,000
Bike: 12 GSXR600 - 09 GSXR600 (race) - 02 SV650 (race) - 99 Sprint ST 955i (Street) - 06 KX65 (deathtrap)

Once again you prove that a Potato can rock. Great job this weekend and thanks for bringing the full fury of your cooking prowess to bear at the BBQ. A lot of that success was due to you and Wendy.

It was a blast getting to watch you run on Sunday...
LRRS/CCS EX #29 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Woodcraft / Sport Bike Track Gear / MadScientistMoto / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Check out my Year In Review Videos!
2015 - 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010
DucatiMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
blackSV
Shrimp

Call Me: brady
Odometer: 30,000+
Bike: SV650 street/race

It was good to see you out there Adam!
LRRS #128
blackSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
CatahoulaBuldog
Yukon Cornelius

Call Me: Keith
Odometer: a few
Bike: Duc Monsta racer, Duc Frankenstein 848/1098

Well done Po-TA-toe!

LRRS/CCS #76 TTD Instructor
#5/ RSP Racing MTAG Pirelli / StradaFab / / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days /Woodcraft /Armor Bodies /
MOTUL / Sport Bike Track Gear / Brunetto T-Shirts /

CatahoulaBuldog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, loudon, racing, rsp