You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Band Of Riders > BoRn > Everything Bike

Old 06-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #451
makct04
Too Short to drag knee.

Call Me: Mo
Odometer: Couple
Bike: 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
I never said he wasnít a winner. Heís also been on the best overall bike those years (didnít win when he had a less than best bike on the grid - lots of dumb unforced crashes) and had a subpar teammate that offers no true race to race competition. Doesnít make him a tactical racer. Heíd never be able to do what Nicky or Kenny Jr did. Which is fine... when he doesnít have any real competition.
Chris, I love you bro but I don't know what race series you've been watching. Also, Nicky won 3 races in his entire Motogp career. Marquez has done that every year he's been in the premier class. The racing is as close as it's ever been at the top 10 riders since the change to spec electronics. I think the last few years have had the most competitive fields and more different winners than in the last two decades. But that's just what I see.
Team Brown - LRRS #521
makct04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #452
ilikenapalm
Vice President Palin

Call Me: Matt All Together
Odometer: Some
Bike: I'm A Squid

I think the point Chris is trying to make is that Marquez is very fast, but doesn't have a good head on his shoulders. As soon as someone on equivalent machinery starts challenging him every race, he's going to implode. Right now, Lorenzo winning races means very little. But, put him and Marquez on the same bike next year and if Lorenzo is still beating him, Marquez is gonna do dumb shit to try to stay ahead of him.
ilikenapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #453
jimmycapp
Forrest Gump

Call Me: James
Odometer: 58
Bike: 03 r1\18 1290sa-r\06 300xc-w

I don't know how well Lorenthoo will do on that Honda. He needs a planted front tire to be confident. I can't see him saving 1/10th of the front end washouts that Marq does. He has trouble riding in the damp.
jimmycapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #454
ctbandit
Fazer, don't even know er

Call Me: Darek
Odometer: 39k
Bike: FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
Chris, I love you bro but I don't know what race series you've been watching. Also, Nicky won 3 races in his entire Motogp career. Marquez has done that every year he's been in the premier class. The racing is as close as it's ever been at the top 10 riders since the change to spec electronics. I think the last few years have had the most competitive fields and more different winners than in the last two decades. But that's just what I see.
competition is some of the strongest it's ever been. In 2016 his bike was certainly not the best on the grid and he still pulled it out. I'll give it to you that he does make bonehead mistakes sometimes, but he's clearly one of the best riders ever.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #455
theducman
Dirt Novice

Call Me: Mike
Odometer: 30k
Bike: Ducati MTS1200(Street) Suzuki SV650 (Race) Honda XR100(flat track),Kawasaki KDX 220(Durty)

That was one hell of a race!
LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
Boston Tier 1 Racing
Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters
theducman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #456
makct04
Too Short to drag knee.

Call Me: Mo
Odometer: Couple
Bike: 600RR

Fucking phenomenal race. Unreal.
Team Brown - LRRS #521
makct04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:33 PM   #457
ctbandit
Fazer, don't even know er

Call Me: Darek
Odometer: 39k
Bike: FZ6

That was the best race of the year. Heart was pounding that whole time. Was excited to post, but now I'm just bummed thinking about seeing Dan at MotoGP. Him and Nicky will be tearing it up together now.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:48 AM   #458
ninja fruit
NegativeIamAmeatPopsicle

Call Me: The Donald
Odometer: All
Bike: Il Massimo, Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
I never said he wasnít a winner. Heís also been on the best overall bike those years (didnít win when he had a less than best bike on the grid - lots of dumb unforced crashes) and had a subpar teammate that offers no true race to race competition. Doesnít make him a tactical racer. Heíd never be able to do what Nicky or Kenny Jr did. Which is fine... when he doesnít have any real competition.
8 guys mixing it up in the craziest gp Iíve ever seen and Marc didnít flinch even after rins ballsy pass. Marc didnt lose his cool or make unforced errors and when the last lap came he said weíll see ya losers. How much evidence do we need that Marc is a step above everyone else regardless of what he riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.
ninja fruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #459
ilikenapalm
Vice President Palin

Call Me: Matt All Together
Odometer: Some
Bike: I'm A Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
8 guys mixing it up in the craziest gp Iíve ever seen and Marc didnít flinch even after rins ballsy pass. Marc didnt lose his cool or make unforced errors and when the last lap came he said weíll see ya losers. How much evidence do we need that Marc is a step above everyone else regardless of what he riding.
He tried to make a pretty risky pass on Lorenzo at some point relatively early in the race. The announcers were losing their shit (BTSports) because apparently he was on the slippery stuff or whatever. If that had gone sideways, you'd be singing a different tune right now.
ilikenapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #460
ninja fruit
NegativeIamAmeatPopsicle

Call Me: The Donald
Odometer: All
Bike: Il Massimo, Trek

It didn’t so it doesn’t matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.
ninja fruit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alert, motogp, spoiler