PDA

View Full Version : Topic Requirements

Mercurial
03-19-2008, 08:04 AM
This section is designed for sharing information on how to make repairs, build or modify something on your motorcycle. Please keep this forum clean.

Rules:
Each topic should have pictures to go along with the write up, please be as detailed as you can in regards to what you are doing and why.
All How-To Questions should be asked in the Garage, this section is for Information sharing only.

Added by Dima: (these may seem obvious to some, but not all)
* Each topic should have a start to finish flow, no jumping around and skipping on steps.
* Include a list of tools required at the beginning of the article.
* Include an estimated time for completion.
* Document each step planning that the next person who reads this will be seeing it for the first time.
* Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.
* Document any surprises (wrong size screws, missing parts, extra bolts, different colors).
* Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.

Pangerang
03-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Cool beans. Also i think all questions on how to do something should still be asked in the garage section in order to keep this strictly as a "How To" section.

Mercurial
03-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Cool beans. Also i think all questions on how to do something should still be asked in the garage section in order to keep this strictly as a "How To" section.
[/b]
:iws:

Mr. Kurtz
02-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Ian brought up something I forgot to address:

Threads in this subforum require moderator approval before showing up in the forum and in search results. This is to keep question type threads from being posted here. If you have a question about how to do something that is not covered in this subforum, you should post your question thread in The Garage (http://www.bandofriders.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) subforum.

Also, if you submit a How-To thread, it's a good idea to PM one of the moderators and ask them to review/approve it, because the notification they get from the forum software could possibly be overlooked.

Mr. Kurtz
06-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Another reminder; this thread is for how-to articles that you're written, complied, or taken the time to put together somehow, with pictures, and all the info needed to perform the task. Ideally, don't copy and paste from another forum because a ) the original poster may not want their work copied around, and b ) without being able to clarify your thread for questions, it loses a lot of it's usefullness.

Please, absolutely do not just post links in here, that's no more useful than saying "Google it."

Mr. Kurtz
03-29-2012, 08:17 PM
With the season almost in full swing, and people doing all manner of things to their bikes, I thought it wise to bump this back up so new people would see it. Please read the above posts, and if you're up to the challenge, document some of your spring maintenance/repair work and post up a "How To" article. :thumbup: