Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Group Ride Etiquette

Any ride I lead ya better pull over with the rest of the group. Otherwise you'll be chastized to hell... On the other hand, the rides I lead, they are a slow to medium pace, so the chances of getting a ticket are currently 0 for 2...

The busa is def a comfy bike, not bad for takin passangers either!

^^^

BS many roads in CT and Mass have a 25 MPH speed limit
    Please alert me that you intend on obeying that

Even the f'n "highways" are like 45
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by richw View Post
    ^^^

I can recall 3 slow paced rides I was on last year that did not exceed posted limits....So they do exist....It all depends on the leader....

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Any ride I lead ya better pull over with the rest of the group. Otherwise you'll be chastized to hell...
    nothing like a stern talkin' too from... well, some guy

on a more serious note, set the ground rules prior and err on the side of caution with riders (regardless of their experience) you don't know.

this post is just a set of general guidelines, and a good intro for some

^^^

He never said he follows the posted the speed limit but there is a distinct difference between doing 45 in a 25 vs 65 in a 25.

^^^

Are you always like this? Since your going to be an ass, riddle me this - Have you ever been pulled over for between 5-10 over on a side road AND gotten a ticket for it? I haven't, I know several people who haven't... None of times leading a group have we ever gotten a ticket if we got pulled over...

Seriously though, the rides I've led were slightly over, we've gone past cops, at the speed we were going, and not had issues. Who goes exactly the speedlimit? Use your head and common sense...

Quote Originally Posted by hatred View Post
    nothing like a stern talkin' too from... well, some guy

on a more serious note, set the ground rules prior and err on the side of caution with riders (regardless of their experience) you don't know.

this post is just a set of general guidelines, and a good intro for some
    They are general guidelines, any of the rides I've been on there's a review before we leave...

And I wouldn't worry about "some guy" because if you run, and the whole group gets ticketed, your going to have 5-20 "some guys" to deal with. Secondly, your not gonna get a "stern talking to" - none of us are your parents, your gonna get your balls busted relentlessly, and asked to leave the next time you show up to a ride. I don't think many people care if your gonna run, just tell someone, hey, i'm not pulling over... Then we will all hope that when we pull over, the cop chases after you so we can all turn around and be on our merry way.

Group leader should lay it all out before the ride begins. Ride your pace, people up front will wait, etc. Don't exceed your comfort zone. If someone gets pulled over, just go up ahead a little bit and wait. No need for everyone to get a ticket.

I've led many rides where riders of all levels had a good time and nobody had any issues, it's all about respecting your fellow riders and knowing your place.

Quote Originally Posted by marshdrummer View Post
    I can recall 3 slow paced rides I was on last year that did not exceed posted limits....So they do exist....It all depends on the leader....
    I know of a weekly ride that never goes over the speed limit. The leader has even done it on a cruiser and this year will do it on an rs50 just to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    I know of a weekly ride that never goes over the speed limit. The leader has even done it on a cruiser and this year will do it on an rs50 just to be an ass.
    not going over the speed limit and not *being able* to go over the speed limit are completely different things...

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    lemme know when the rs50 ride happens so i can stay home
    -Darek