Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Advice for All New Riders

There are lots of dead riders out there that are a better rider than you.

Something i always try to remember.
    "If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance" - Orville Wright

"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would requre total state control over its citizens' lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons." - Ron Paul

not sure i follow your thought bro.....

Quote Originally Posted by GIXXERMO600 View Post
    not sure i follow your thought bro.....

being alive > being dead.
    I'm nobody important

Bump

I've never seen this, I didn't read all of them but good advice for newbs is

Your fast car experience does not translate here. Just because you had a 700HP car at some point in time does not mean you know the first thing about a motorcycle.

Your dirt bike experience is great for learning the clutch and the feeling of riding, But street and dirt are completely different, take your time on the street. You're better off then a complete newb but not by as much as you may think

Seriously if you have a question ask any one of us, we break balls but certainly won't make fun of you or give you bad advice. By the same note, Listen. A lot of people have been doing this for a long time and know a thing or two.

If you come to a ride and you're new or feel that you may be in over your head, just say something to someone. Nobody is going to make fun of you and honestly most of us will be more than willing to help.

Get a season under your belt then hit the track if you feel comfortable. I rode for years before I ever hit the track. I learned more about my bike and my capabilities in one day on the track then I did in 5 years of street riding
    If My Jokes Offend You
    1. I'm Sorry
    2. It'll Never Happen Again
    3. 1&2 Are Lies
    4. You're A Pussy

Remember kids...stupid hurts (as it should)