Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tag-o-rama proposition

Default tag-o-rama proposition

I know I'm basically a noob here, so if I'm stepping out of line by suggesting a change to a long standing tradition just tell me to stfu...

I am assuming that the tag-o-rama game is going to happen again this year, so I thought I would propose a little change. Why don't we physically move an object? I tried to get something like this going on my cbr forum to move a sprocket from atlantic ocean to pacific but it ran out of steam. Seeing as tag-o-rama already has followers, this would just be another aspect and eliminate the chance of "stealing" tags (unless that's part of the fun)

I just used a 6 foot steal cable bike lock with a padlock on it, chained an old sprocket to a tree and posted its location and the combo.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by itgbudeev View Post
    I know I'm basically a noob here, so if I'm stepping out of line by suggesting a change to a long standing tradition just tell me to stfu...

I am assuming that the tag-o-rama game is going to happen again this year, so I thought I would propose a little change. Why don't we physically move an object? I tried to get something like this going on my cbr forum to move a sprocket from atlantic ocean to pacific but it ran out of steam. Seeing as tag-o-rama already has followers, this would just be another aspect and eliminate the chance of "stealing" tags (unless that's part of the fun)

I just used a 6 foot steal cable bike lock with a padlock on it, chained an old sprocket to a tree and posted its location and the combo.

Thoughts?
    I will personally buy dinner for whoever gets the thing within 100 miles of missoula, mt

AND I will further buy dinner and drinks for whoever gets it from wherever I leave it

I think the problem here is most of our members are within a 150 mile radius of each other. Although that idea is awesome, I can't see a sprocket or any other bike part making it all the way cross country.

Not to be an ass, but if there is a padlock on it, how does one retrieve it?

edit: forget it. I would think it would be a combination padlock and we would all know the combo...

cool idea... but ct isnt that big, not counting the few massholes that drag the tag up north
    2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

WHOA

#dirtyprince

I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea - Would help keep down on people stealing them - It would slow the game down a bit - It was suck ass to go to the spot only to find out someone had already gotten it lol
    Matt V. 9/19/10

If we decide to do this, can it be something small enough to keep on you without wearing a backpack and for those without tank bags?

can it be edible so whoever moves it can take a small nibble out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenapalm View Post
    I think the problem here is most of our members are within a 150 mile radius of each other. Although that idea is awesome, I can't see a sprocket or any other bike part making it all the way cross country.
    Didn't mean that WE needed to move it cross country. I was merely offering up an exampleof what I had attempted in the past. And yes the combo would be known to all.

I think part of the fun of tag-o-rama, which sometimes leads to "stealing" is that you have to get your tags posted, therefore keeping the game going on the forum. If you got rid of that and did an item to be moved, people would lose incentive to post and the tags would just lay dormant until whoever has the item go off their ass to post a pic of a new location.

my .02
    -Darek