Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ride From Hell

Arrow

Well.... started off on a little late. Had a friend that wanted to come for the ride. Talked to her last night and told her it be a quick pace and she should wear her gear. In the AM she calls me says shes on her way with a buddy. Im outside with MR Kurtz & Palm when they roll in, helmets and T-Shirts. I should have known right there standing in my full leathers but... i didnt and didnt say anything much other than to hang back and we'd split into 2 groups.

So we meet up with everyone and start to go 44 to 8, Timmy says he knows a short cut so we follow him. About 10min into the ride we get on some twisty road, about 3 miles through it we stop to wait for the group and wait, and wait and wait... next thing you know the last 4 bikes dont show up.... next thing you know one of the guys rolls up and says the girl went down, we turn around and speed up to the accident. Bike is DONE and shes on the side of the road with a busted kneed and sholder. Fucking lucky as hell!!!

So yeah, after this Palm Bomb split off to take care of the bike as she is taken to the hospital. The rest of the guys decided to continue the ride after waiting to make sure she was ok and bike was taken care of. We go, hit about 400 harleys that are on some parade. Blah blah, end up on rt8, get some lunch, keep going on 8 into MA... Timmy Duck gets a fat ticket after he blows at 100+ into a cop after we missed a turn off and he went from the back to the front... saved the group since he took off about 5 seconds before the rest of us. Got a big one for that.... So we pull over and talk about just going home, Rob and Yzdf talk about going up to rt2... so we say fuck it and go that way.

Once on 2 we are having fun and taking it easy but holding corner speed so no one gets pulled over. We split off into 2 groups, Magician, Me and Z1 Nut... we get a pretty fast clip going through the nice part of 2... next thing you know Rob in front of me goes into a left hand corner and high speed, knee down and all the sudden he hits a hard part (i think he scrapped his kick stand on the ground) that upset the bike and kicked the rear out... he low sided at high speed and flew off into the rock face thing... i was about 25 feet back since i though i was taping the whole thing. First thing i remembered was Tony telling me dont watch the rider watch where you want to go... so as i try and scrub off speed i see an explosion of parts to my left, robs body spinning next to me and than a Busa flying through the air about 15" up in the air and landing right in front of me and exploding in more parts and oil and smoke... at this point it starts to slide towards the guard rail and myself pinching me between the two pretty much as I and Z1 Nut ride over parts and oil [img]and shit....

Here are a few pics, rob broke his ankle pretty damn bad but has been moved to Hartford, we waited at the hospital for about 3 hours to make sure he was ok.

Oh yeah, the bike was in the mid of the road at first and we moved it about 100 feed towards Rob to get it out of the road and put it against the guard rail.
    I don't really ride, but when I do... I'm faster than you!

That sums it up pretty well Io-Bot.
    Noxen you may be gone but you will never not be forgotten. Godspeed to you always............

Raybusa0818 you may be gone also, but you will never be forgotten. Godspeed to you always.................

Matt V ..........Godspeed to you , I know...

Ohh, i guess Yzdf told the girl to chill out a few times and watch the road not the rider in front since she almost rear ended someone a few times... and i guess right before the accident she passed on of the members on the outside mid pass... went in to hot, mid turn locked it up and low sided. Got very very lucky with the body damage.
    I don't really ride, but when I do... I'm faster than you!

I know that corner, and...........holy fuck, the speeds you'd need to be knee down, Rob was LUCKY.

What a shitty day for you guys.
    Insert awesome signature here.

WOWWW!!!

That bike is jacked!!

From the looks of the 2nd picture, 2nd set, does that corner go off camber right where the scrape marks start?
    Did someone say custom printed Tshirts??

"Some people learn from their mistakes, but smart people learn from other people's mistakes"

WOWWW!!!

That bike is jacked!!

From the looks of the 2nd picture, 2nd set, does that corner go off camber right where the scrape marks start?
    [/b]
    Nah, most of that stretch of road is either flat, or on-camber. Its like 30 minutes up the road from me.
    Insert awesome signature here.

shoulda kept the training wheels on rob

man oh man thats sucks the busa is trashed. hope he heals quick. any vid?
    everything is simple to a simple mind!!! (think about it)

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

the pictures dont do any justice to the accident scenes we created...twice today we had several towns fire trucks, ambulances and police all over these roads...absolutely insane

AND on the slightly positive note...thank you to everyone who helped today...people got the help they needed and the situations were handled as best they could have been.

hope the injured (rob and that girl) heal up quick.

We've all had better days, I would say. Trish(the girl)-she's a squid, hopefully her crash will encourage her to start wearing some protective equipment(her gloves were under her seat, her jacket was home). Rob-That was an ugly scene, I hope his ankle isn't as bad as it seemed.