Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Ride From Hell

Very well said Jeff...and I think this should be adapted for any rides that are posted on the boards (don't know if this particular one was or not, I haven't been here in a few days). Riding with your friends who you know well is different than riding with a group of people. Now, granted this doesn't apply to Rob's crash(es), but maybe could've saved the girl from crashing this time.
    [/b]
    The only thing that could have saved this girl from crashing would have been staying home. The pace the leaders were setting was in this case reasonable, she actually passed aurubio as he was passing a car. The people leading the ride are often far enough ahead with spacing that they have very little effect on most of the group. If people had the common sense to let the order sort itself out and let people pass them when appropriate that wouldn't have happened. I have been on plenty of rides where the leaders pace has been way over my abilities, and you know what? I run my own pace, ride my own ride. And in every single case, people waited at turns, slowed on straights. I never once got left behind. This girl was just foolish, and she paid a pretty small price for it.

yeah, we in fact found out about the accident when we pulled over to wait for everyone to catch up at a turn.
    I don't really ride, but when I do... I'm faster than you!

Crazy story, but good to hear everyone is ok in the end!

usually the more people the slower the ride..when less people are on the ride i tend to go faster (easier to pass cars, etc.)
    [/b]

Let's just pray for Rob and support everyone, no need to rant back and forth.

Accidents happen and always will, we can sit here and analyze things all we want, we can offer our opinions and "debate" about them, but Rob still sits in a hospital, now more than ever we need to pull togather as fellow riders and friends.

Rob's a beast, I've said this for a long while now after riding with him, he'll bounce back just like he always does and ride again.

That unfortunate girl will hopefully and wisely start wearing gear to protect herself.

Everyone, it's sunny, we have our health, roof over our heads, food to eat, and all that other Beaver Cleaver shit!!!

Be happy and supportive of each other. There is realy no reason not to be.

My fag happy rant is now over...........
    "Awesome taste in motorcycles + sweaters...."---Reed

i didnt start this thread to talk about year round gay pride floats

First off, wtf do you know about road conditions? were you there on rt 8 or rt 2? No, so please keep your "pictures" to yourself unless you can tell me or rob or anyone else that they went down due to road conditions.
    Second... it saddens me to see all these members jump up in arms and preach about safety, speeds and so on after an accident. Its even sadder to see them talk about how dangerous this sport is, as though its a wake up call. Every time I get on the bike i KNOW that what im doing is dangerous, be it because of my speed, wheelies, commute, stopped at a light you name it... WE ARE in a dangerous sport, this is what we do, and if you dont know it already and need an accident to tell you that, just sell your bike!

Third... i can somewhat understand the argument for slowing down and so on... but guess what, if its not the speed, the stunt, the rider error, the road conditions, the drunk driver, the granny in the cadi its going to be something else that kills you or take you down. The point is, you cant avoid it by doing the speed limit and most of us/some of us arent in this for the look but are in it for the rush, the thrill and the adventures, some stunt, some speed, some corner carve you name it... the only thing that will help you is skill and gear....

Fourth point... claiming speed kills in my eyes is like saying guns kill people... no, its the person behind it. Wear your gear and all your gear, do some track days put some miles under your belt and those things are whats going to help save your life. You can die at 45mph just as easely as you could at 100+ its what you do before you go down that helps save your life.
    [/b]
    why u jumping down someones throat for having there opinion mr high and mighty.
    speedjunkie

why u jumping down someones throat for having there opinion mr high and mighty.
    [/b]
    lol... because i have a contradicting opinion, is that ok with you?
    I don't really ride, but when I do... I'm faster than you!

Rob is doing well and he will be out of the hospital soon.
    He sleeps most of the day, and wakes up only to use the bathroom and drink a few sips of water so thank you all for having the heart to want to visit him, but it's better if he gets his rest. However if you want him to know you're thinking about him, have a pizza delivered to the hospital today and he'll gladly take that. Ask dave/linds for details because i will not have access to the computer.
    -Karena
    [/b]
    feel free to PM me for the room # etc. I'll be online off and on as usual all day and night.

as far as delivering pizza's you'll find that most of the delivery people are absolutely retarded and just don't understand that you won't be there when the pizza comes to sign the reciept. I think lindsey went through 3-4 places before successfully getting one delivered tonight and they still had rob sign the ticket

feel free to PM me for the room # etc. I'll be online off and on as usual all day and night.

as far as delivering pizza's you'll find that most of the delivery people are absolutely retarded and just don't understand that you won't be there when the pizza comes to sign the reciept. I think lindsey went through 3-4 places before successfully getting one delivered tonight and they still had rob sign the ticket
    [/b]
    good service was much easier to find in Illinois

I am not a moderator, and haven't said a GOSH DARN THING YET BUT :

THREAD CLOSED.

To A : Anyone who was not there.

To B: Anyone not personally affected.
    Noxen you may be gone but you will never not be forgotten. Godspeed to you always............

Raybusa0818 you may be gone also, but you will never be forgotten. Godspeed to you always.................

Matt V ..........Godspeed to you , I know...

I am not a moderator, and haven't said a GOSH DARN THING YET BUT :

THREAD CLOSED.

To A : Anyone who was not there.

To B: Anyone not personally affected.
    [/b]
    looks to me like everyone worked out their problems, too late timmy :P