Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: concidering changing bikes: help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Kick it over. Problem solved. Then you will ride it.

as crazy as this sounds, it does work

as soon as I stuffed mine, I realy dont care anymore. Infact at this point, if it got stolen, its more the inconvience of it all that would piss me off - It would actually help me get something that I would ride more often lol
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Sell the Daytona

Use the money for new panties and therapy
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    as crazy as this sounds, it does work

as soon as I stuffed mine, I realy dont care anymore. Infact at this point, if it got stolen, its more the inconvience of it all that would piss me off - It would actually help me get something that I would ride more often lol
    But see, now you're hoping it gets stolen so you can switch it up, I'm trying to switch it upwhile its still minty and I get get a premium price for it.

Thanks to those actually offering real advice, keep it coming.

I kind of was being serious. Actually why not get some Ebay fairings, keep your for resale and then you won't care as much but will still have a great bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I kind of was being serious. Actually why not get some Ebay fairings, keep your for resale and then you won't care as much but will still have a great bike.
    thats a good idea then you can ride the piss outta it and sell it mint later

sell it. post it up at 50% over value just like everyone else.

if i could do it all over again, i would only buy salvaged bikes. there are so many retarded kids in CT, that it's almost too easy. a little body work and paint, and it *looks* perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by hatred View Post
    sell it. post it up at 50% over value just like everyone else.

if i could do it all over again, i would only buy salvaged bikes. there are so many retarded kids in CT, that it's almost too easy. a little body work and paint, and it *looks* perfect.
    You can insure bikes with rebuilt or salvaged titles in CT right? Thinking about that this time around. Something crunchy that's not financed so I don't have to worry about it.

Kyle,

Take this for what it's worth (if anything). I understand the bike is pretty. I understand the natural instinct to preserve it. but the bike was made to be ridden and as such, it will get scratched, worn and is subject to being stolen.

From my perspective, bikes are perishables with a useable shelf life. clearly I have a habit of taking brand new bikes and beating the crap out of them. realistically, the way I look at it is I paid X amount of dollars to enjoy depreciating the value of the bike.

I guess what I'm saying is...throw caution to the wind (that's what insurance is for) and ride the fucking wheels of that thing.

I can tell you from experience the bike is A LOT of fun cranked over at full throttle! the motor is a butt load of fun and provides endless smiles (provided it doesn't blow up ). you owe it to yourself for buying it to at least experience what it has to offer.

dont worry about keeping it pretty. just enjoy it and deal with the wear when it comes time to sell it by either repairing it or adjusting the price to compensate.

*edit* to what kane said...might as well get it out the way

alternatively, buy used plastics and put the pristine stuff to the side. you'll recoup the cost when you sell the bike, or at least most of it. that way, you're not replacing pristine (read: expensive) fairings. just clip ons, rearsets and at worst case covers.

edit...people are more likely to finance a new bike than pay cash/get a loan for a used bike that's mint. unfortunately in this economy that's just a hard fact you have to swallow. chances of getting a premium, even this time of year, is pretty slim. you'll be lucky to get blue book unfortunately
    Last edited by Palm Bomb; 05-17-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Your paranoid. But ibdo understand where your coming from. But the two up thing is a valid concern. Deal with the trumpet and pick up that cheap bandit.

Or get black or red fairings and sell it to me. Ad I just brought a red and black suit.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5