Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should a Rider Crash on a Ride

this is a good thread and I definately think you should sticky this if you haven't already.

nothing to add really besides that its also a good idea to keep a small first aid kit in your trunk if you've got space for it. didn't do this last year, but at the beginning of this season I got a few and always try to carry them. you never know

edited by cerb for doubled content in post.. again..

this is a good thread and I definately think you should sticky this if you haven't already.

nothing to add really besides that its also a good idea to keep a small first aid kit in your trunk if you've got space for it. didn't do this last year, but at the beginning of this season I got a few and always try to carry them. you never know

[/b]

But only once...

lol I think that happened because the screen went blank for a few minutes, then I hit refreash, re-send. oops

My only thing to add is that the while you may want to go to the rider first, it is sometimes more important to go to the bike or the corner.

If the rider is just around a blind corner or something, you want to be sure no one else gets added to the accident by hitting the bike or simply coming around the corner too fast.

This is the same thing on the track. The Cornerworkers first responsibility is to keep OTHER riders from hitting the downed rider... by alerting them. Once everyone is alerted and slowing down... then attend to the rider.

So, if there are multiple people around, then at least one person should immediately go to a point that is before the corner (assuming they didn't crash on a straight) to get people to slow way down.

If you're the only one, then you have to do both jobs. This may mean leaving the rider for a minute as you park your bike before the corner or put some gear there, or something to alert oncoming traffic.
    Tony
    Trackdays in New England

Pirelli Track Tires!

If the rider is ok and laughing, we get to laugh with/at him as well
    [/b]
    hmm this is familar somehow..
    i seem to remember being razzed to the point that i punched IO in the arm (with what strength i could use) even with the broken rib...
    it so wasn't worth it.

moved & pinned

Find your own path and encourage others to do the same.

Pay it Forward

Non of us are pro-EMTs
    [/b]

that's not true...dima's the man!

this is actually a good point....it goes without saying, but if there's a person on the ride who's an EMT/paramedic/etc....that person is in charge until the ambulance gets there, or someone who is more qualified than he is who can relieve him. Don't get in that person's way and do exactly what they tell you.

oh yeah, and somebody should always be taking pictures....if I crash and there's no pictures I'll be fuckin pissed :P

Good info..

I always recommend that people take a basic life support class. If not for your fellow riders, do it for the family or friends. Being able to clear an airway can go a long ways to preventing a a whole nightmare from unfolding in front of you. Wether you like it or not being on a ride means you may be the first responder. Just taking care of the ABC's before emt gets there is huge. BLS will give you the know how and confidence to do this.

cool thread Dave

Just a friendly heads up....

The two parts where you advocated moving the bikes & giving police "shady" details about the crash SERIOUSLY just increased your personal liability & can potentially jeopardize the forum. That kinda shit is un-written for a reason, you don't want that stuff getting out. If you guys do that & the cops find out you did it to throw them off, you guys are gonna be in SERIOUS shit. Obstruction of Justice isn't a joke.

Just a friendly heads up....

The two parts where you advocated moving the bikes & giving police "shady" details about the crash SERIOUSLY just increased your personal liability & can potentially jeopardize the forum. That kinda shit is un-written for a reason, you don't want that stuff getting out. If you guys do that & the cops find out you did it to throw them off, you guys are gonna be in SERIOUS shit. Obstruction of Justice isn't a joke.
    [/b]

Rule 13: Make sure your lawyer is on speed dial...