Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just rode to Canada & back in 30 hrs.

Nice! Sometimes it's nice to just go on a long relaxing ride

That's awesome Bruce!

I need a good road trip, they soothe the soul.
    Did someone say custom printed Tshirts??

"Some people learn from their mistakes, but smart people learn from other people's mistakes"

Looks like a sweet trip Bruce. "Speed bump" is a good description for some of the frost heaves up there

It must have been ride to Canada solo weekend, I did the exact same thing, except I crossed the border and stayed a night. I havn't done this in years and it felt great..780 miles round trip

That R1 is sick lookin

I'd love to try a streetbike but I know I'd like it too much and that would be a danger to my health.

Nice Mark
    ..............i couldn't cross the border, as i have no passport.................yet.
    Iv'e Out lived my expiration date...........

It looks like a great ride ..Well done

A solo long ride is always mind freshing.. who is next

Riding Solo on a long trip is akin to jumpin in a time machine,
    only a few hrs. ago, i was in a place, seemingly back in time, with residents who haven't left the local area in thier entire lives......& they look at & speak to you like you ARE a time traveler.

I had a Ol Vt. farmer tell me i looked like i was ready to go "scuba divin" er somethin........." w/ all that stuff you gaot oan"

Then theres the sense of time while on the bike................i can ride for 8-10hrs.,yet it only seems like 4 or 5!
    Last edited by 5TOEZ; 08-14-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    Iv'e Out lived my expiration date...........

Just awesome, I may have to do this at some point before the end of the season myself
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    Nice Mark
    ..............i couldn't cross the border, as i have no passport.................yet.
    I just got my passport last fall. I needed it for a trip to Europe last month where again I racked up 4,000KM on a bike in less than 2 weeks touring northern Europe.
    I've been to canada 4 or 5 times and this was my first time crossing at the I-91 border crossing. The road were great and the scenery was awesome unlike the other places I had crossed in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    Riding Solo on a long trip is akin to jumpin in a time machine,
    only a few hrs. ago, i was in a place, seemingly back in time, with residents who haven't left the local area in thier entire lives......& they look at & speak to you like you ARE a time traveler.

I had a Ol Vt. farmer tell me i looked like i was ready to go "scuba divin" er somethin........." w/ all that stuff you gaot oan"

Then theres the sense of time while on the bike................i can ride for 8-10hrs.,yet it only seems like 4 or 5!
    Time does seem to go by much much faster being solo. Seems like you had just stopped, next you you know the fuel light is on again. Kinda wish I had a bike with a little more range...mines running on fumes at 125 miles