Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just rode to Canada & back in 30 hrs.

I actually was in the 150mi. range & the light STILL wasn't comin on ,
    wonder if the damm thing still works?
    Iv'e Out lived my expiration date...........

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    I actually was in the 150mi. range & the light STILL wasn't comin on ,
    wonder if the damm thing still works?
    An sv hit 150 miles on a tank Hawley drives me insane when we go riding stopping every 110-120.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    An sv hit 150 miles on a tank Hawley drives me insane when we go riding stopping every 110-120.
    How big is the tank on a 650??? I routinely get 135-140 when the light comes on, and I've gone as far as 180 running into the light about 25 miles.... Most fuel I ever put in was 4 gallons.

I have noticed much better mileage going 45-55 than at highway speeds though.
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    How big is the tank on a 650??? I routinely get 135-140 when the light comes on, and I've gone as far as 180 running into the light about 25 miles.... Most fuel I ever put in was 4 gallons.

Sv tank size from dry is 4.5 gallons on a secod gen. The main thing is how you ride it. The SV is a twin, twist your wrist and watch it drink. Basically what we've learned in this thread is Bruce is a good boy when solo.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Sv tank size from dry is 4.5 gallons on a secod gen. The main thing is how you ride it. The SV is a twin, twist your wrist and watch it drink.
    You basically asked and answered your own question right there.
    If I'm riding around somewhere like VT, I'll look for gas after 100-120 miles to be safe (it's also a good time to stop by that time anyway). But I have never had my fuel light come on before 150 miles on the SV, and it can do another 30 miles after that. Guess that means I'm one slow ass pansy, huh?

Nice ride, Bruce! Looks like a good time.
    Last edited by Marduk; 08-15-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    Ad Astra Per Aspera

Sv tank size from dry is 4.5 gallons on a secod gen. The main thing is how you ride it. The SV is a twin, twist your wrist and watch it drink. Basically what we've learned in this thread is Bruce is a good boy when solo.
    Oh the 7fity will only go 100 miles if I'm using the throttle enough. Just seems like it would get better. My old katana 600, even with the jet kit would get 50mpg all day long commuting back and forth to work.
    Matt V. 9/19/10

I was up in Montreal a few weekends back in the cage. Great pictures! Sucks our dollar is worth less than theirs now.

Bruce it comes on at 160ish, I still have mine hooked up. Looks like a fun trip!

No matter how hard I try I can't get below 45mpg and never really above 50mpg when cruisin. Hawleys bike run like shit (no offense ) but it doesn't run right. It's all about proper jetting/mapping. Mine was fine tuned with a dyno to have proper settings.
    Last edited by zx6r; 08-15-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zx6r View Post
    Hawleys bike run like shit (no offense ) but it doesn't run right. It's all about proper jetting/mapping. Mine was fine tuned with a dyno to have proper settings.

I'll bet dollars to donuts Joe's mileage would skyrocket if he rejetted. That thing is running richer than bill gates

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post

The light on my gixxah comes on at exactly 110 miles everyday with normal commuting. I actually ran out in my neighborhood last week at 149.9 . But, with my trips up to Canada and VT where we are lugging the bikes on back roads I've hit 148 miles without the gas light coming on before we stopped.