Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Go pro Questions

Default Go pro Questions

So I finally aquired a Go Pro

Couple questions, How are you guys tethering the camera? Did you drill a hole in the camera case or did you just safty wire somewhere on one of the mounts?
    My first spot Im gonna put it is on the tail so I will remove the solo seat cover wire it under there but where to put it to the camera. I dont want to drill through the self adhesive mount into the tail. Was thinkin of drilling a hole in the plastic thumb knob of the thumb screw under camera?

Also what setting (resolution) should I be using? What do you guys find works best.
    Thanks
    Motorcycle Picture Game: Challenges completed: 27/ Bonus Points: 3 / Sniped: 2

Mission control to ground rocket, did you bring a change of underwear?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr35s25Oh7E

Quote Originally Posted by ninja fruit View Post
    No need for knee sliders just duct tape soup ladles to your legs

Mounting is kind of "figure out what works" sort of thing. I always wired the mount to my bike, not the actual GoPro case. This is a bad idea because Amajew's camera sheared off the mount on the straight of NJMP and he lost it. I guess if you dont plan on using the case for anything under or near water....I would drill a hole in the case and wire through it

I leave mine on the highest resolution and bought a 32GB card for it.
    Last edited by mungea; 11-08-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    '12 Tuono V4 APRC - Street
    '13 Tundra Crewmax - Cage

Im not questioning mounting just where to attach the tether to the camera.
    It came with a 16gb card.

I put the strap through metal bar in the hinge area where the back cover snaps onto the case. takes some effort to get that cover to snap on, so i figured it would be pretty secure. I have yet to have an adhesive base fail though

it comes out right between the two tabs of the mount on the case.

Last edited by HarveyMushman; 11-08-2011 at 04:53 PM.

I drilled a tiny hole (think safety wire tiny) through the front of the circular plastic that sticjs out of the bottom of the case thaft you stick the bolt through. Still waterproof, attached directly trough the case. Only downside is that its basically only good for safety wire.
    -Darek

Quote Originally Posted by mungea View Post
    This is a bad idea because Amajew's camera sheared off the mount on the straight of NJMP and he lost it.
    with that said... Fuck Go Pro... ... jackasses won't even back their shitty designs when they fail under the use intended...

I used to just wire the base/mount, but my mount snapped when I crashed in the tires in 1A and the camera went flying. Now I'll be wiring the base and the camera through the hinge area.

Quote Originally Posted by ctbandit View Post
    I drilled a tiny hole (think safety wire tiny) through the front of the circular plastic that sticjs out of the bottom of the case thaft you stick the bolt through. Still waterproof, attached directly trough the case. Only downside is that its basically only good for safety wire.
    Darek thanks, that was a great idea. I also want to be able to undo the tether at the camera incase I want to put it in a different spot but still keep my saftey wire in that area.

I drilled through both tabs on the bottom camera mount and used a saftey wire clip so it can be undone quickly and tucked away under the solo seat cover when not in use. I also put heat shrink over the wire to protect the paint.

Now what settings do you guys use??

Quote Originally Posted by amajew View Post
    with that said... Fuck Go Pro... ... jackasses won't even back their shitty designs when they fail under the use intended...
    If you do get another however, don't mount it ten feet in the air and do 150 on a naked bike. The wind resistance must have been tough. But it still shouldn't have broke.

Just noticed someone said drill the tabs... That's where andys broke an youR weakening it there.
    Last edited by zx6r; 11-08-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zx6r View Post
    Just noticed someone said drill the tabs... That's where andys broke an youR weakening it there.
    +1 It looks like you did a clean job Jim, but I still don't like that option after seeing Andy's. I would suggest (not owning a GoPro myself) drilling through the case itself in two places - just big enough for safety wire - and then throw a tiny bit of epoxy, super glue, etc over the holes after threading with wire. You can set up the now-epoxied wire to include a clip, and then just set up a number of "receiving clips" or something on the bike.
    LRRS/CCS EX #47 -RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / GMD CompuTrack

2012 LRRS Champion, AM Thunderbike
    2018 LRRS Double Backup Champions, GTL and ULSB

RIP Reed 8/16/84 - 3/23/08
    RIP Vaughan 11/18/66 - 9/19/10