Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: something doesn't want me karting...

Default something doesn't want me karting...

So, the first date you al went karting a few weeks ago, I had to deal with no power and such. I was really looking forward to tomorrow.

And then of course, fate got in the way tonight. I broke the ring finger of my right hand! Pretty good break too. Third bone in (closest to my hand), clean from the right top knuckle to the lower left. Damn.

Fate does not want me karting this year apparently. FML!

Chris, sorry I can't make it. Depending on what happens at Occupational Health and the city's doctor (happened while working. Long story), maybe I can try to make it down to watch.

Have fun everyone.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"If you can blame guns for crime, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

I speak 3 languages. English, Sarcastic, and Sexual Innuendo. Which would you like to hear?

LRRS #612 (now accepting sponsors/endorsements )

only pussies don't drive because of a broken finger. lol heal up bro

Quote Originally Posted by krazy again View Post
    (happened while working. Long story)
    C'mon dude, since when do you post anything that isn't a long story.

Get better quick! At least its now, and not during riding season.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

First time I ever karted I was drunk and left my sling for my broken collar bone in the car from a weeks prior highside

Chris drove.with 2 broken fingers last month...

Haha. Heal up!
    Last edited by ITGbuDeev; 12-05-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itgbudeev View Post
    Chris drove.with 2 broken fingers last month...

Haha. Heal up!
    Hmmmmmm.....wife would have my ASS in a sling if I go and race. But she HAS given the OK to go and hang. I am thinking I will be there, but not on the track.

On a nicer note, Doc gave me Vicodan for when i am at home!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"If you can blame guns for crime, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

I speak 3 languages. English, Sarcastic, and Sexual Innuendo. Which would you like to hear?

Oh, and the reason I couldn't do any karting as well is that I need to see the city's doc and worker's comp office. Don't think I'll be seeing them until later in the week. Last thing I need is for them to claim I hurt it there (or hurt it further).

Quote Originally Posted by krazy again View Post
    Hmmmmmm.....wife would have my ASS in a sling if I go and race. But she HAS given the OK to go and hang. I am thinking I will be there, but not on the track.

On a nicer note, Doc gave me Vicodan for when i am at home!
    Wow... pain killers for a broken finger. That would of been nice.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    Wow... pain killers for a broken finger. That would of been nice.
    I actually told the doctor and pharmacist I preferred not to have the Vicodans. They BOTH said I was better of getting them "just in case." Anti inflams with Tylenol I would think would be best. I don't understand why doctors feel they have to prescribe potentially dangerous and addictive meds for (relatively) minor things. But, for workers comp issues I am better off having them in case they are needed.

Sucks that it was the ring finger that broke. Every time I move my middle finger I almost go through the roof. I'll bring a copy of the xray with me tomorrow. You should see the break. Pretty textbook really.

Pff, the wife set mine at the kitchen island. Cops are soft now-a-days.

*I'm just busting balls, If I had gotten hurt on the job I would of gone to the hospital too, and damn straight I'd of taken pain killers if they were offered but when your married to an RN you're never really hurt or really sick because they've seen worse.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10