Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To: Install Woodcraft Frame Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    If you have fairings.. which you do. This is the easiest, fastest, best way to do it. I used this method a month ago. Took all of 20 mins.

http://www.bandofriders.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=11162
    I take back some of the bad things I've said about you. You're still an asshole but even you admit to that

Does anyone put a jack under their engine from causing any shift or drop in it from removing the bolts? I just do so as a precaution. One at a time probably wont' do it, but that's the method I use.

Nope, totally unnecessary. How do I know? because if the engine shifted after a bolt was removed, a jack would be necessary to put it back into place to get the bolt back in. If the bolt comes out and goes back in easily, nothing has moved.

On a less precise level, lets say the engine does shift, what does it matter? You're using the mounting tabs on the frame as your reference, those are going to move unless the bike does so your resulting holes will still be in the same place.

Going even LESS precise, lets say somehow the frame holes do move, they're not gonna move so much that your 1.5" hole is suddenly going to be so far out of position that it will matter. Unless you're cutting the hole with a couple thousandths' worth of clearance for the slider you're gonna have plenty of slop in the hole to compensate for any kind of error.

i read this whole post:

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    Nope, totally unnecessary. How do I know? because if the engine shifted after a bolt was removed, a jack would be necessary to put it back into place to get the bolt back in. If the bolt comes out and goes back in easily, nothing has moved.

On a less precise level, lets say the engine does shift, what does it matter? You're using the mounting tabs on the frame as your reference, those are going to move unless the bike does so your resulting holes will still be in the same place.

Going even LESS precise, lets say somehow the frame holes do move, they're not gonna move so much that your 1.5" hole is suddenly going to be so far out of position that it will matter. Unless you're cutting the hole with a couple thousandths' worth of clearance for the slider you're gonna have plenty of slop in the hole to compensate for any kind of error.
    and found this gem:
    Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    you're gonna have plenty of slop in the hole
    Speaking from experience?

2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

WHOA

#dirtyprince

Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    i read this whole post:

and found this gem:

Speaking from experience?

Thanks Joe. Didn't need that visual.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650