Page 75 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun chat

Quote Originally Posted by jimStripple View Post
    Your statement was, in fact, a statement of fact.
    Statement of fact: "It's raining"
    Opinion: "I think it's raining"
    Statement of fact: "Obama is nothing more than a talking head for the people who tell him what to do and say."
    Opinion: "I don't think any president in the past 12+ years has been anything different either."

Regardless, of your intent, that's how English works. You might think I'm nit-picking and normally I'd agree, but when you denigrate the competence and integrity of the President of the United States the bar gets raised, IMHO.

So now that we've got the good weather, lets all ride and debate things like "Gixer Vs. Ninja", and who's a squid, who's a poser, and who's the real deal, and other things bikeish.

Peace,

Jim
    Oh for the love of shit... Are you serious? You are nit-picking, and over a ranting post on the internet at that.

And btw, that is NOT how the English language works. Put those two sentences back together, as they were, since the entire paragraph should be referenced to find out the intent and context of the statements within it. As shown in the last sentence, it is clear that both statements are OPINION because there is no factual evidence given, no references provided, no specific statement of fact or truth, and the last sentence is clearly expressing an opinion that references the previous sentence.

As for the bar getting raised, this isn't a monarchy, he's a politician just like any other one.
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    (she put on a show. I laughed when I turned around to see 4 or 5 guys standing behind her watching her shoot bullseyes with her .22 pistol.)
    This is cooler than cool!
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    That's about right. By law, they have to give you a response within 12 weeks.
    Isn't it eight?

Last time there was one guy making all the decisions, y'all packed up old England and landed on Plymouth Rock.
    Isn't the whole point of a democracy so the power isn't in one persons hands?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25

Another school shooting in Cali... that sucks.
    Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by tecster View Post
    Another school shooting in Cali... that sucks.
    A shooting in a gun free zone?! That's not possible! It's gun free!
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Was an AR even used in the shooting?
    Fast forward to 4:30 you can see the footage of an officer securing the weapon.
    http://www.wnd.com/wnd_video/sandy-h...HkZQAR_dHtyAst

Sure wouldn't be the first time the media got it all wrong. I remember the initial reports that the AR was in the car and he used multiple handguns.
    "If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance" - Orville Wright

"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would requre total state control over its citizens' lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons." - Ron Paul

Was an AR even used in the shooting?
    If we're not willing to accept "AR15's are dangerous and should be banned cause this guy killed children with one," then we can't really hold up "look it wasn't even an AR15!" as an argument against banning them.

Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    Last time there was one guy making all the decisions, y'all packed up old England and landed on Plymouth Rock.
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock.
    I landed at JFK.
    When in panic, when in doubt - run in circles, scream and shout!