Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Service Manual library (The List)

love to have that for a 2013 kawi ninja 1000!

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...000/parts.html
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Ah, thanks!!

Sure, it's on my old laptop but I'll dig it up. PHP with cURL fetches and lots of regexp matching to extract specific fields/images.
    I don't know a damn thing about PHP or cURL but I do know enough about regexp to be dangerous. Be curious if there's a way to build an hta front end (or something similar) that allows easy entry of year/make/model and builds the fiches based on algorithms rather than (I assume) hard coding the bike information into the program.

Hell if the two of us can work something like that out this could prove to be a great resource, I think a lot of people would be happy to have a complete parts list for their bike if it was easy to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    love to have that for a 2013 kawi ninja 1000!

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...000/parts.html
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by soofle616 View Post
    I don't know a damn thing about PHP or cURL but I do know enough about regexp to be dangerous. Be curious if there's a way to build an hta front end (or something similar) that allows easy entry of year/make/model and builds the fiches based on algorithms rather than (I assume) hard coding the bike information into the program.

Hell if the two of us can work something like that out this could prove to be a great resource, I think a lot of people would be happy to have a complete parts list for their bike if it was easy to come by.
    Same thinking here man, in fact it's probably 80% there as it stands. I just drop the Partzilla URL in there, cURL fetches the pages, and regexps do all the heavy lifting for data extraction. Right now it's just outputting in HTML and I'm formatting a bit in a DOC then exporting to PDF. So the last bit of work would be PDF generation, which I can handle in PHP.

Putting a front end together to select make/model/year should be really easy and I can drop it on my server for anyone to use. I think most of the regexps are worked out at this point but I'll be keeping you in mind
    '05 GSX-R 750 // '90 DR350 (street) // '90 DR350 (dirt) // '05 SV650

Don't want to swerve on the OT here but a quick update: dragged my code back from the dead, fixed and tweaked some things, got a front end in place and tested with 1/2 dozen bikes, working like a charm so far. Working on PDF generation then it'll be ready to go, just need to squeeze in a few hours somewhere between work & wedding trips this week...
    '05 GSX-R 750 // '90 DR350 (street) // '90 DR350 (dirt) // '05 SV650

You the man!
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10