Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: poor zed...i biffed it.

Quote Originally Posted by y3v View Post
    Thank the lord I didn't have to say it.

Was waiting for that. Surprised it took as long as it did.
    Ad Astra Per Aspera

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Thats kind of why I am in no hurry to get out . I am glad your ok . Was it your bike at Papa Ginos last week in Windsor lockes ?
    Yes it was, should've been parked with a black R1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsane125 View Post
    glad your alright dude, not many of our bikes are still showroom pretty.....

I don't mean to bash you in any way, but that bike will stop incredibly fast without washing, just need the right technique.....try 1 track day to see what it will do, tony and his staff will walk you through everything.
    I agree, its just the overhead that is scaring me away...the cost of all the gear and travel. I do believe it had something to do with the tires as well...I've yet to hear something good about Battlelax tires...and thats what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by FasYankee View Post
    Psssshhhhhhtt.......that shit never would have happened with a single sided swingarm......
    I know dude, I need to get on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post

Was waiting for that. Surprised it took as long as it did.
    I was waiting on Yev to come at me with it.
    Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by tecster View Post
    I agree, its just the overhead that is scaring me away...the cost of all the gear and travel. I do believe it had something to do with the tires as well...I've yet to hear something good about Battlelax tires...and thats what I have.
    http://www.tonystrackdays.com/catego...24/excuses.htm

Not busting your balls, and I won't say the track is for everyone, but that's worth a read. Gear...you should have it anyway, it's part of motorcycling. Travel...link up with someone on the forum to split costs. Tires...whatever is on your bike, provided they aren't worn out, will be fine for your first(couple of) trackdays. You won't be exceeding the tires ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    http://www.tonystrackdays.com/catego...24/excuses.htm

Not busting your balls, and I won't say the track is for everyone, but that's worth a read. Gear...you should have it anyway, it's part of motorcycling. Travel...link up with someone on the forum to split costs. Tires...whatever is on your bike, provided they aren't worn out, will be fine for your first(couple of) trackdays. You won't be exceeding the tires ability.
    I have gear, just not the "proper" gear for the track. I do not have a full suit, nor do I have boots. That shits expensive...
    Sold.

I have gear, just not the "proper" gear for the track. I do not have a full suit, nor do I have boots. That shits expensive...
    I think what Kurtz is implying is that you should be wearing boots on the bike regardless of where you're riding, so that should not count towards track expense. I'm sure someone can point you in the direction of affordable suits. If you're average size, you can probably pick one up that someone on here or another board is selling. Many people have 2 piece suits that serve for street and track duty.

No one said motorcycling was a cheap sport. You had no problem paying for the brand new bike, now go get the gear to protect your ass should you go down again.

Agreed, it ain't cheap. However, neither is crashing on the street, and you might be surprised how many street crashes can be avoided by additional skills that can only be developed on a closed course(trackday, Lee Parks ARC, etc).

Also, this forum is a pretty helpful resource. You may find yourself surprised how many people have spare boots, leathers, etc that they're willing to loan out to help a new rider get on the track.

Let me also say, we're not busting your balls for the sake of busting your balls. You crashed, you walked away, hopefully you learn something from it, that's a pretty good result, all things considered. Lots of us have had similar hard learning experiences.

Oh I don't think you guys are ball busting for the hell of it, I do understand there are alot of things I could've done and could do in the future to improve my chances of staying on the rubbers.
    Sold.

...I do understand there are alot of things I could've done and could do in the future to improve my chances of staying on the rubbers.
    And save your ass - literally - if you don't
    Get some leathers and dedicated MC boots. You won't be sorry.
    Ad Astra Per Aspera

I went to my first TTD last October for next to nothing. I got a newbie deal through BoRn for $100. A BoRnie gave me a ride (bike included) to the track and I gave him a gift card to TTD for his generosity. He also let me borrow his gloves. Another BoRnie let me borrow his one piece suit and although it was beat up, it was a SOLID suit. I think the only other expense was the boots, which I found on sale for like $80. So all in all. I spent about $250 for my first track day.
    Last edited by BMMCBR600RR; 04-15-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650