Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crash!!... I binned it at NJMP last weekend

Really sorry to hear Mike. I'm 5 mins away, let me know if you need anything even if it's just mowing the lawn or need some human contact and I'll pop over for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by itgbudeev View Post
    This sucks. Glad you're up and about with a good attitude.

Out of curiosity, what boots were you wearing?
    Curious as well. A shattered heal is a failed boot IMO. The high end boots have a very distinct heal cup vs the mid range boots being leather all the way down.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Glad you are in good spirits....any hot nurses? That helps!

but I said that day of. . Hope you are feeling better.

Hey! Maybe Ian will give you a ride on a Tuesday night in that new side ar of his!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"If you can blame guns for crime, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

I speak 3 languages. English, Sarcastic, and Sexual Innuendo. Which would you like to hear?

LRRS #612 (now accepting sponsors/endorsements )

Sucks to hear, man. Who do you have insurance through? You might want to be 'creative' when you submit your claim.. I had some tough luck with State Farm went I went down last year in NJ and was honest about it.

Hope you heal up quick!

Quote Originally Posted by petro240 View Post
    Sucks to hear, man. Who do you have insurance through? You might want to be 'creative' when you submit your claim.. I had some tough luck with State Farm went I went down last year in NJ and was honest about it.

Hope you heal up quick!
    I was gonna say this too. Don't say "race track" ever. It was a training event with instruction and classroom.

"Bike fell off the trailer"

Thanks everyone for the well wishes... I appreciate it! (and thanks to Steve for the photo)

I was wearing Joe Rocket Meteor boots. Motorcycle specific, but certainly not high end (maybe $120'ish?). No dedicated heel cup, just reinforced leather. My injury wasn't a complete heel collapse, but more like the inside corner? fractured into several pieces. Now that I hear you guys, I will def get high end boots when I'm back in the saddle.

Also, for complete disclosure, I was wearing DrinkingMyMilks old Frank Thomas XTI suit, which I believe took the brunt of the sliding (but hard to tell because it had been crashed several times before me ), Forcefield T-Pro back/chest protector combo (I assume it helped a bit, no back injury at all), Joe Rocket Speedmaster 8.0 gloves (decent rash on palms/carbon fiber knuckles, certainly did their job), and an HJC helmet (only small rash to what would be my mouth area if no helmet). I must have done a good (lucky) job of tucking my head.

Damn man, sorry to hear this!

On the plus side, you seem to have a great attitude about it, which is impressive, and it could not have happened in a better environment(closed course, ambulances on standby, corner workers, etc).

If they don't total the bike, and you need help fixing it, there's a few of us who are quite familiar with the SV.

If they do total it...find out what the buyback is and let me know.

That suit is a beast! Did they cut it off?
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by SVSteve View Post
    "Bike fell off the trailer"
    " ...with me on it."