Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And just like that, I'm now that guy

glad your doing well Ian and sorry to hear this happened. I do appriciate that you knew well enought to leave well enough alone and call it a day, smart move. Once it gets in your head it can be hard to shake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    he's a social liability
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    Print this out and send it to the social security office as proof of a mental disability.

Sorry to hear Ian, but very glad you are mostly alright.
    For the Kids...

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

Dindt read the full thread, but damn Ian. Sorry to hear. Glad you came out ok for the most part. Ice that back and hand.
    "Im workin on it!!!!"
    ATTACK LIFE... ITS GOING TO KILL YOU ANYWAY.

2003 GSXR600 - Gone and missed
    1990 CBR600f - Being beat into submission
    (Ian's helping with rubber mallets)
    2006 Ninja 650R

update: back and neck are fine. The stiffness was probably just the result of 3000 miles of travel the day before, and another 3.5 hours of driving that day, plus a shitload of stress.

The hand is already vastly improved. Still bugs me a bit when I clench my fist but its mostly back to normal so I'm hopeful it will be fine in the next day or two.

Still rippin pissed about the whole thing but not much I can do about it except try to get my head in the game for june. One thing is for DAMN sure, I need to get some better footpegs between now and then. A lot of my lost focus in my second session was my total and complete lack of grip in the wet. Thank god I put those stompgrips on and was able to dig my knee in or I would have gone down a whole bunch of times when my foot flew off the peg mid turn. And yes I realize I should be gripping with my knee anyway but tank grips are a new thing to me so I'm still adjusting to using my legs more and my feet less.

Shit happens, heal up, fix the bike and get back on that horse. Everybody does something they think is dumb and that they end up laughing about down the line, at least you'll have a funny story to tell one day
    If My Jokes Offend You
    1. I'm Sorry
    2. It'll Never Happen Again
    3. 1&2 Are Lies
    4. You're A Pussy

Quote Originally Posted by Daimian View Post
    Shit happens, heal up, fix the bike and get back on that horse. Everybody does something they think is dumb and that they end up laughing about down the line, at least you'll have a funny story to tell one day
    Actually the crash didn't bother me all that much except that it happened during the warm up session. The second session out I don't recall ever really thinking about the crash except coming out of 2 where I tried to stay tight to avoid that pavement transition. It was all the other crap running through my head that broke my focus. I was so distracted that after I decided to get off the track I ran a complete lap before I realized I had forgotten to get off the track.

Ian, you went out in the rain on slicks! That takes balls... it's unfortunate what happened though. Everyone was having problems with grip in T2...

By the way, nice to finally meet you in person. Glad we were able to get the Snap-On thing settled
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Solutions View Post
    Cars are tools and need to be reliable. Bikes are toys and need to be soulful!

Could have been worse...like pulling out on the follow the leader run in red group and dropping bike in turn 3 due to me ignoring the fact that i had a brand new, cold ass tire...

Last edited by SteveCT; 05-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Just so you all know each air fence section is approximately 4000 and we only have so many spares so let's not make this a habitual thing.
    Noxen you may be gone but you will never not be forgotten. Godspeed to you always............

Raybusa0818 you may be gone also, but you will never be forgotten. Godspeed to you always.................

Matt V ..........Godspeed to you , I know...

I think the airfence popped "itself" when it saw you coming

Glad yer O.K. Ian.
    Iv'e Out lived my expiration date...........