20 57.14%
  • Russia will get pissed and shit could turn ugly for everyone

0 0%
  • I dont know what this is about

2 5.71%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea = Parking Lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Cue Ball View Post
    Send in the CIA to take out thatwhacked out egg roll..
    "Don't send in special ops team to make the decision makers disappear" *WINK WINK*

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    Sand+intense heat=glass

If we had done that back in '91 when we had the chance, we could have just walked around and knew exactly where to drill for our oil... Instead of continuing to buy it from them.
    Yeah, I know, I was laughing because it was funny. Just like the original bomb tests in the desert.

I know a lot of this thread is people joking around, but I cannot see us, and do not want us(or anyone else) to nuke a country into the ground. There may be irresponsible douchebags in charge, but there are still plenty of innocent people on the ground, everywhere. Unfortunately, I believe that collateral damage is a reality of any type of warfare, but minimizing it is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    I know a lot of this thread is people joking around, but I cannot see us, and do not want us(or anyone else) to nuke a country into the ground. There may be irresponsible douchebags in charge, but there are still plenty of innocent people on the ground, everywhere. Unfortunately, I believe that collateral damage is a reality of any type of warfare, but minimizing it is worthwhile.
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Nuking them because we think they might have a nuke that they might shoot at us is like killing your neighbors teenager because they are about to get their liscence...and you think they might run into you.

Pre-emptive war is what has gotten us fighting wars we aren't winning all over the world. If you want to declare war on a country, do it the Constitutional way and get a majority through congress.
    All of this sounds a lot like the lies that Bush told about WMD's to get that war kicked off.

That war, which really has no winner other than 130,000 citizens and 4,000 troops killed, has helped more our national debt from $4.5T to $9.5T. The rest of the wars since with Obamas term has greatly helped us go from $9.5T to $16T+.

Lets not forget that we keep pushing sanctions on NK via the UN that just pisses them off. We are also running joint military excercises with SK and flying right next to their airspace. These are acts of aggression by the US.

I think the better question is why are we still maintaining the DMZ between NK and SK...and have been for 60 years. If we didn't have sancitions agains NK preventing them from selling their goods maybe they wouldn't be so isolationist? Sure they are messed up. But showing aggression to them only gets one thing.

We can't afford another stupid war with no goal and no end in sight. We can easily stage nukes in subs and nuke the entire country in 30 seconds if need be. NK knows that. They will stand down..IF they even have the ability to stand up.
    "If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance" - Orville Wright

"Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would requre total state control over its citizens' lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    This is why we won't make the first move. Should they attack china/us/south Korea first though, all bets are off. End it. None of this 10 year war bull shit.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Why can't we just put world leaders in an mma cage and let them go at it. Let the dumb asses that feel the need to posture and bluff put their own asses on the line for once. Mike is 100% correct.
    Free dildos for everyone!! Now go fuck yourself.

2004 ZX10R Streetfighter : Totalled = 2 broken legs, 1 broken ankle, 1 broken pelvis and the knowledge that I am not, in fact, tougher than metal guard rails.

The only thing we are doing now is "posturing"

Saying to Korea.............cut the shit assholes, or these 2 black "bat shaped" planes are gonna fuck yer shit up.

Seriously, im a lil nervous, as i never thought i'd see it come to this.
    Iv'e Out lived my expiration date...........

I'm glad to see some sensible reactions to this thread, but it's depressing to see the same people who get weepy (as we all should) about 20 children and 6 adults being slaughtered in a local school talking like it's a joke about killing millions.

Is it that they're so far away, so abstract, so different looking and acting that they're less important to you as human beings? Do you want to be held responsible (as we all are) for the actions of our government as you would hold them (who have little or no power over theirs).
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
    "there is no such thing as a $1500 bike"

Well, Un is young, dumb and full of cum. Previous "acts" were definitely posturing, but Un is "declaring/escalating" a lot and backing himself into a corner. So either he'll have to act to show his words mean something (especially to his citizens, who've been brainwashed to think he's god) or he won't act and will never be taken "seriously" which weakens his hand in the future. In either case, the payoff matrix doesn't look so great. Bluffing is a skill learned over many years.

In either case, I'm not worried for the US because they don't have long-range missile capabilities, but I am worried about the local region. I'm also worried that if they do *something* they can quickly escalate it to a nuclear problem. Russia may not like what the US is doing, but that's all politics, they're thinking the same thing we are. Nobody wants nukes detonating. If that starts we have a serious problem on our hands.

The US (regardless of president, to those of you Obama haters) will never use a nuke to take out NK. That would be too costly. I suspect if anything happens we will be involved and we'll do the same thing that Israel does to its neighbors: have a good defense/missile interception and precision bombing. Unlike Israel though, we won't be dropping leaflets.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I sure hope it turns into nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Solutions View Post
    Cars are tools and need to be reliable. Bikes are toys and need to be soulful!