Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And here's number one.

Wow, that's one hell of a mess. Glad you didn't get hurt and the bike looks like it faired really well.

That's one reason anytime there's a streak of stuff on the road, it's a good idea to try avoiding it, though it looks like it would have been tough to do there.
    "Live your life one day at a time because
    tomorrow may never come."

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry600 View Post
    Wow, that's one hell of a mess. Glad you didn't get hurt and the bike looks like it faired really well.

That's one reason anytime there's a streak of stuff on the road, it's a good idea to try avoiding it, though it looks like it would have been tough to do there.
    Yeah, it was one of those things where you really couldn't see it from the red light. Just a mess.
    RIP Reed 3.23.08

Motorcycle Picture Game Challenges completed: 5 | Bonus Points: ? | Sniped: 0

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Agreed... Worth a ride down though (IMO), especially if the trail of diesel leads back to there parking lot...
    It's the old Maguire's (sp?) parking lot. Apparently which they regularly use as a turn around. Not saying it wasn't them, but I don't see them owning up to dumping diesel all over the road and compensating two riders for bikes + injuries just based on a hunch.

Is there a way to file a police report to try to investigate who is responsible for creating a road hazard?
    I am not the biggest fan of the America's #1 sport called Suing, but in this case I don't see anything wrong in finding and punishing the guilty party.
    When in panic, when in doubt - run in circles, scream and shout!

Quote Originally Posted by AEG View Post
    Is there a way to file a police report to try to investigate who is responsible for creating a road hazard?
    I am not the biggest fan of the America's #1 sport called Suing, but in this case I don't see anything wrong in finding and punishing the guilty party.
    We did file a report and we were told the police would be looking into it. The only thing is how will they find out exactly what bus/driver caused the hazard? the only way we'll be able to find that out is if Taco Bell or Pepboys has camera's outside and I doubt the police will put that much effort in.
    RIP Reed 3.23.08

Motorcycle Picture Game Challenges completed: 5 | Bonus Points: ? | Sniped: 0

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    It's the old Maguire's (sp?) parking lot. Apparently which they regularly use as a turn around. Not saying it wasn't them, but I don't see them owning up to dumping diesel all over the road and compensating two riders for bikes + injuries just based on a hunch.
    read dude... it was mentioned the trail of diesel led back to the parking lot of the bus place down the road...
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Danny500 Guest

Every Suzuki Gs I've seen has scrapes in the left hand cover just like that... My old 500, and 750 both did... They should design them with a stock, replaceable slide puck.

Two in one day. Tough day for us glad your Okay and yours was just unavoidable it seems! Diesel is very slippery from experience

Glad you guys are ok, that sounds shitty. pics are dark, but can still see a fairly evident slick. what the hell causes the buses to leak so bad?

Wait did you say you got FREE starbucks

I want some