Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And here's number one.

Quote Originally Posted by eightpointsix View Post
    We did file a report and we were told the police would be looking into it. The only thing is how will they find out exactly what bus/driver caused the hazard? the only way we'll be able to find that out is if Taco Bell or Pepboys has camera's outside and I doubt the police will put that much effort in.
    It should not matter what bus/driver caused the road hazard if they are under the same company. The company should be punished (should have performed a proper maintenance of their fleet), not the driver.
    When in panic, when in doubt - run in circles, scream and shout!

Quote Originally Posted by AEG View Post
    It should not matter what bus/driver caused the road hazard if they are under the same company. The company should be punished (should have performed a proper maintenance of their fleet), not the driver.
    and that's the rub. Either way, evidence is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
    "there is no such thing as a $1500 bike"

Quote Originally Posted by AEG View Post
    Seriously. There's been some pretty bad shit in this state due to improperly maintenanced trucks.
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza

2003 Honda CBR600RR
    2009 Kawasaki ER6N
    2007 Kawasaki EX650

Quote Originally Posted by BMMCBR600RR View Post
    Seriously. There's been some pretty bad shit in this state due to improperly maintenanced trucks.
    So what's my next step?
    RIP Reed 3.23.08

Motorcycle Picture Game Challenges completed: 5 | Bonus Points: ? | Sniped: 0

So what's my next step?
    I'd go into Pep Boys and Taco Bell personally and explain the situation. See if a manager is willing to scan their tapes (if they still have them) in the time around your accident. I'd say chances are pretty slim that any of the cameras even pick up what's going on in the street, but you never know.
    Ad Astra Per Aspera

Cruising down the turnpike with my buddy, heading towards Newington to grab a coffee at Starbucks. Come up to the intersection to take a left onto the street where Taco Bell, Pepboys and Starbucks is. Light turns green, and I start to take the turn. Bike slides out, I go down and my buddy goes down right behind me. Stand up and we are covered in diesel that is all over the road. Walk the bikes to the parking lot and call the police. The police show up and say they think it is from a Premier Limousine Bus. The buses are too big to make the U-Turn so they often pull down the road and turn around in the Taco Bell parking lot where they then pull out onto the Pike. The diesel trail followed that exact route. ...
    Follow the trail?
    Last edited by AEG; 05-13-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    When in panic, when in doubt - run in circles, scream and shout!

glad your ok, I hope you are able to do something to get someone to compensate you for new gear, bike parts, etc.
    2012 Triumph Street Triple R - My youtube channel with my videos

I hit Diesel on the Dragon once..........scary shit indeed!
    Iv'e Out lived my expiration date...........

Thanks everyone! And Chris, we called the police. Both Berlin and Newington argued over jurisdiction for a bit. Finally Berlin just took it and they put out speedy dry all over the road and DOT came out later that night.
    Oh im genuinely surprised anything happened at all! After reading this, if a similar road hazard makes me fall in the future, I might call the police now, where as before I wouldn't have bothered.