Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey John, can you dyno my car!!

Default Hey John, can you dyno my car!!

That's right I am sticking to the 4 wheeled toys for awhile. This has been a long time coming and I have been pondering this a lot. I bought a new bike two years ago and put exactly 2135 miles on it and 700 was trackdays. Since I got hit by a car three years ago totally my Aprilia and then losing our friend Matt V one month later I just do not have the same lust that I had for the past 20 years of riding. I think I need to hang up my helmet for awhile and stick around for my family. I have been hit by a car two times since 2005. The first one left me with perminent right shoulder issues and the second one was 3ft away from putting my under the ground. If you see me doing this weird right shoulder movement all the time, that is why. Trackdays will NOT be affected as I will still do them. I actually still have the old race bike and plan to get her back in shape. The new Gix may be sold soon but that is fine.

The time is right and I will never leave motorcycles fully since I have been riding longer than some members have been alive but my life has changed a lot so now is the time. Welcome my midlife crisis car. Camaro 2SS!!!

6.2 liter at 426HP with a 6 speed manual. Brembos and 20 inch rims. Fully loaded interior. Oh yeah.

Last edited by Kane; 10-08-2013 at 10:05 AM.

That's the look of a happy customer. Glad you found something you like.
    -Darek

That thing is SWEET! Congrats on the MLC purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    everybody wants to be black till the cops show up.

Shouldn't you be trading your bike in for a minivan?

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post

That's right I am sticking to the 4 wheeled toys for awhile.
    Meh every once in a while I think about buying a new 4 wheel toy (actually Im looking at something now) and then I always come to the conclusion in the end; "Whats the point, I cant have fun with it like I can a bike"

Quote Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
    Meh every once in a while I think about buying a new 4 wheel toy (actually Im looking at something now) and then I always come to the conclusion in the end; "Whats the point, I cant have fun with it like I can a bike"
    I don't see how you can say that after witnessing Ching's driving school on the VT ride The price of entry with cars is 30K, but once you reach that mark there is PLENTY of fun to be had

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite196 View Post
    I don't see how you can say that after witnessing Ching's driving school on the VT ride The price of entry with cars is 30K, but once you reach that mark there is PLENTY of fun to be had
    Because driving the way he was in a cage is just plain stupid imo....not saying on a m/c is much smarter either but you really cant have the fun in a car that you can on a m/c and I think everyone here would agree with that

Good looking whip Matt!
    '12 Tuono V4 APRC - Street
    '13 Tundra Crewmax - Cage

Quote Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
    Because driving the way he was in a cage is just plain stupid imo....not saying on a m/c is much smarter either but you really cant have the fun in a car that you can on a m/c and I think everyone here would agree with that
    I don't agree with that at all. They're two very different vehicles. Both are very fun in their own respective ways. If someone let me hold down an m3 for the VT ride next year I'd say yes in a second.

Nice car but like buying a liter bike for the road.
    Hard to use all the potential. (I'd be getting tickets and replacing rear tires all the time!)

Now you can join Monticello Motor club and track that thing!
    Last edited by Dyno Solutions; 10-08-2013 at 10:58 AM.