Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: MotoGP last weekend <SPOILER ALERT>

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    rocky hill, ct USA
    Posts
    8,954

    Default MotoGP last weekend <SPOILER ALERT>

    Jesus. I knew they bumped but this is insane!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Meriden
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Scary
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Berlin Ct.
    Posts
    9,442

    Default

    Dovi is riding the ducati very well. He is right up there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    rocky hill, ct USA
    Posts
    8,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Dovi is riding the ducati very well. He is right up there.
    Agreed. He is usually near the front at the start but just trails off at the end of every race. I don't know if it is a personal endurance issue or if the Duc is just that hard to ride that it takes that much out of the rider. I suspect the latter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Meriden
    Posts
    4,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucatiMichael View Post
    Agreed. He is usually near the front at the start but just trails off at the end of every race. I don't know if it is a personal endurance issue or if the Duc is just that hard to ride that it takes that much out of the rider. I suspect the latter.
    He did use the super soft tires this round while everyone else was on the soft. Maybe the tires went away on him during the race. That's just this past round.
    LRRS# 772 NETRA#3772
    Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Amsoil/DP Brakes / AXO America/Vortex Racing/ Woodcraft/Armour Bodies/Racer Gloves/Hiflofiltro oil filters

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Quincy
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    I've read that to turn the Duc, you have to light the rear up. Not such a big deal with a fresh tire in the early stages so they hang on up front.

    That becomes an issue later in the race on a soft tire and is behind the drop we see in Dovi and Crutchlow later on...pure speculation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    25,291

    Default

    Have I mentioned yet that I was AT this race?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    midway CT
    Posts
    6,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    I've read that to turn the Duc, you have to light the rear up. Not such a big deal with a fresh tire in the early stages so they hang on up front.

    That becomes an issue later in the race on a soft tire and is behind the drop we see in Dovi and Crutchlow later on...pure speculation.
    this.... when the tire drops off the under steer issue that all Ducati riders complain about REALLY kicks in. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ducati+motogp+understeer
    R.I.P. - Reed - 3-23-2008
    Matty V you are missed.

    LRRS/CCS #76 TTD Instructor
    #5/ RSP Racing MTAG Pirelli / StradaFab / / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days /Woodcraft /Armor Bodies /
    MOTUL / Sport Bike Track Gear / Brunetto T-Shirts /



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    25,291

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central CT
    Posts
    4,795

    Default

    Speaking of bridgestones.....when GP changes tires, what do you think is going to happen?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •