Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Home security cameras

Default Home security cameras

Just looking to see if anyone here has experience with a video security system. We had some recent car break-ins in my neighborhood and I'm out of town often so for peace of mind i would like to check the cameras remotely. I have been considering this system and it seems to do eveything i want at a reasonable price.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2GNBZA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p421_d2_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf _rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1NYQNY830RY8C67RQW6T&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com : Zmodo 4CH 720P PoE NVR HD Security Camera System with 4 Indoor/ Outdoor Night Vision 720P Security Cameras 1TB HDD Smartphone Scan QR Code Quick Remote Access : Camera & Photo[/ame]

I am sure that if you wait this week, DucatiMichael will have researched which cameras are the best, for the best money, and figured out ways to tweak them.

(go see the last pages of his race bike build thread and you will understand)
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"If you can blame guns for crime, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

I speak 3 languages. English, Sarcastic, and Sexual Innuendo. Which would you like to hear?

LRRS #612 (now accepting sponsors/endorsements )

I'll eventually be getting some cameras at home but mine will tie into my zwave network (home automation stuff). I think the only thing my setup wont do right out of the box is record, it's more meant for a live stream but I have to assume there's a way to set it up to record as well. Especially given that I have a 4TB NAS raid drive on the same network.

I want one of those auto targeting systems for my property. I've been looking for a way to hook up my homemade airsoft mini gun to one. At first I was thinking use one of those infa-red deer cameras. This thread has me thinking that maybe security cameras have a feature like that (auto targeting)......

The mini gun is pissah.....I don't have a way of measuring fps or rounds per, but I can tell you that it hurts way fucking more than a regular airsoft and it pretty much fires a steady stream until empty. I want to set this up to keep the deer out of Tracey's garden.

Anyone ever seen a camera setup with a targeting system?

Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    everybody wants to be black till the cops show up.

Quote Originally Posted by FasYankee View Post
    I want one of those auto targeting systems for my property. I've been looking for a way to hook up my homemade airsoft mini gun to one. At first I was thinking use one of those infa-red deer cameras. This thread has me thinking that maybe security cameras have a feature like that (auto targeting)......

The mini gun is pissah.....I don't have a way of measuring fps or rounds per, but I can tell you that it hurts way fucking more than a regular airsoft and it pretty much fires a steady stream until empty. I want to set this up to keep the deer out of Tracey's garden.

Anyone ever seen a camera setup with a targeting system?
    sort of related....im sure while your bored this will help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C70R7oo4jMc the build http://www.instructables.com/id/Nerf-Vulcan-Sentry-Gun/
    everything is simple to a simple mind!!! (think about it)

Reed. a rider, a brother, a friend. though you have fallen you will never be forgotten and forever in our hearts you will be smiling down on us.

LRRS/CCS Expert #90 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack

Thats exactly what he needs, more ideas that the wife is going to love...
    God his kids are so lucky...
    LRRS NOV #409

Look at Drop Cam
    USA doom sealed Dec. 2, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by ct1200 View Post
    Thats exactly what he needs, more ideas that the wife is going to love...
    God his kids are so lucky...
    Actually I found a shit ton of other links....I was using the wrong words. Sentry gun is where it's at. There are a lot of inexpensive options. Be careful coming up my driveway!

Oh, and yeah. The kids get to "test" some of the stuff.
    http://youtu.be/GD5EKj677fs

The one that almost got us pinched was the high-powered potato gun. Hit a house about a block away....and the more recent PVC-dry ice grenade....not one of my brighter ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by JHawley View Post
    everybody wants to be black till the cops show up.

Thank God I'm not your neighbor, I'd get nothing done at home.
    I'd be checking out all your "projects" all the time.
    LRRS NOV #409

Bumping this thread rather than making another...

I'm looking for an internet security camera so that I can see my apt. while at work (via phone/tablet/work computer). Indoor use only. Must be able to be controlled remotely (pan/tilt/zoom). Recording and 2 way audio would be pluses but not necessary. Looking to keep it at/under $100.

I can easily Google this or sort Amazon for Best Selling, but knowing nothing about these things, I assume there may be some features/brands/issues I'm not considering. Any recommendations?
    Ad Astra Per Aspera