Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home security cameras

in for the comments. I wouldn't mind something like this to see that the hell my dog is up to during the day
    2nd owner of theHawhandcordone

WHOA

#dirtyprince

Quote Originally Posted by JBlanchette View Post
    in for the comments. I wouldn't mind something like this to see that the hell my dog is up to during the day
    being an asshole, of course!

on a more serious note, dropcam would work in your case if that's all you care about...
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    on a more serious note, dropcam would work in your case if that's all you care about...
    by Nest? Seeing ~$190-200 purchase price
    Like Joe, this will be to watch a dog and dog-walker in our apt. Trying to keep it a little more affordable than that if possible.

Considering something like this, but I don't know anything about them:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fujikam-Wireless-Monitoring-Surveillance-security/dp/B00JAJ9U8K/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1442868985&sr =1-4&keywords=dropcam"]Amazon.com: Vimtag (Fujikam) 361 HD, IP/Network ,Wireless, Video Monitoring, Surveillance, security camera,plug/play, Pan/Tilt with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision: Electronics[/ame]
    Last edited by Marduk; 09-21-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    Ad Astra Per Aspera

Quote Originally Posted by The Great American View Post
    by Nest? Seeing ~$190-200 purchase price
    Like Joe, this will be to watch a dog and dog-walker in our apt. Trying to keep it a little more affordable than that if possible.
    Hmm, could have sworn they were cheaper than that. Oh well.. My bad Joe
    Matt V. 9/19/10

Baby-cam, as in a baby monitor, and right around $100, some under
    LRRS NOV #409

Let kills kawi chime in. He has an 8 camera setup that is fantastic. And came in very handy recently.
    "Did you ever hear the one about me giving a shit?..... If you ever did I don't remember it"

LRRS/CCS AM #559 / TTD Instructor #13 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
    R.I.P. More than there should be....

Talk to Haley's Dad
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

Quote Originally Posted by The Great American View Post
    Bumping this thread rather than making another...

I'm looking for an internet security camera so that I can see my apt. while at work (via phone/tablet/work computer). Indoor use only. Must be able to be controlled remotely (pan/tilt/zoom). Recording and 2 way audio would be pluses but not necessary. Looking to keep it at/under $100.

I can easily Google this or sort Amazon for Best Selling, but knowing nothing about these things, I assume there may be some features/brands/issues I'm not considering. Any recommendations?
    You will not find a motorized unit anywhere near that price range, they will all be fixed.

I ended up going with the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SmartCam-1080p-Full-HD-Camera/dp/B00J38NVHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443023863&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+smartcam"]Samsung Smartcam[/ame] which is ~$160

They make a non-HD version for $70.

I run the Foscam wireless cameras. to a PC with Blue Iris.
    R.I.P. - Reed - 3-23-2008
    Matty V you are missed.

LRRS/CCS #76 TTD Instructor
    #5/ RSP Racing MTAG Pirelli / StradaFab / / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days /Woodcraft /Armor Bodies /
    MOTUL / Sport Bike Track Gear / Brunetto T-Shirts /

This is the one that JR uses and I will be looking to put in place at my house as well. Ive seen this in action and can say the clarity of the camera's is amazing. Even at night.

The 1tb drive gives about 30 days of storage. Plus there is an app to remote view the cameras as well as send alerts to you when there is motion detected.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zmodo-ZM-SS718-1T-Channel-Simplified-System/dp/B00OPF8HOC"]Amazon.com : Zmodo ZM-SS718-1T 8 Channel 720P Simplified POE NVR System with 1 TB Hard Drive (White) : Camera & Photo[/ame]
    "Did you ever hear the one about me giving a shit?..... If you ever did I don't remember it"

LRRS/CCS AM #559 / TTD Instructor #13 / RSP Racing / Woodcraft / MTAG Pirelli / Dyno Solutions / Tony's Track Days / Sport Bike Track Gear / 434racer / Brunetto T-Shirts / Knox / GMD Computrack
    R.I.P. More than there should be....