Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Skiers/Boarders

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    They'll have photos on them. If they check them and they don't match you lose them. Don't risk it. That said, I'm still giving them another year to get their shit together before I give them any money. Last years debacle and what they did to mountain bikers this summer really left a bad taste in my mouth about them.
    What did they do to mountain bikers?
    -Darek

aaaaaand airline tickets booked for Breckenridge.
    i started hating you last night when you emailed Joe
    Ms. White

Quote Originally Posted by ctbandit View Post
    What did they do to mountain bikers?

They sold year season passes for skiing and mountain biking. Skiing didn't open until late Januaray and it was half of one trail until mid-February. Then, mountain biking never opened. Want a refund? Nope, they tried to change your pass over for 2015. It took a lot of bitching for people to get their money back.

The place also was no where near ready to be open. I think it's great they're trying, but it seems like people who have no idea what they're doing and they love to over promise.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

aaaaaand airline tickets booked for Breckenridge.
    Cool stuff... I'm super jelly.

My college roommate, his brother and father went out there a few years ago. They stayed at Breck (basically slopeside), skied there a couple days, and I think went to Vail one day, Keystone one day, and the other one that's right there one day. I'll shoot him a message and see if he has anything he recommends you do while out there. I've actually still got some Breckenridge Bourbon he brought back for me.
    "Live your life one day at a time because
    tomorrow may never come."

Don't be too jealous. We're only skiing one day. It's mainly a trip to check out Colorado (hopefully convince the wife winter isn't crazy in 3 days and that she'd love it there) and then on to Vegas for a few more days.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

So the Stowe trip, you guys get a ski bears rate and get your own house? We're definitely interested in doing Stowe but would rather do it with folks we know.
    -Darek

I haven't skied in forever. I keep forgetting my buddy has a apt near Mt Snow I can use. Have fun in Colorado, im jelly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ctbandit View Post
    So the Stowe trip, you guys get a ski bears rate and get your own house? We're definitely interested in doing Stowe but would rather do it with folks we know.
    Yep. Last year we had 10 of us in a private house. It was awesome.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

that shit was awesome.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A365 Safari/600.1.4

Preliminary CSC days are up.

http://www.skibears.org/pdf/csc_days_1314.pdf

I can't tell if Stowe is doing the same days for the deal you guys did last year.

I signed up for Quebec, Whistler, Killington and Jay Peak last night. Planning on doing Stowe with you people if you do it. I think I'm going to move my Killington trip to the Bolton Valley trip. The rep was there and he said that it's a nice hotel, ski in/ski out, and they have night skiing, which is kind of cool. It's up in the Stowe area.

Are any of you planning on signing up for any trips? If so, sign up soon. I have a feeling trips are going to sell out quicker than they did last year.
    So your motto in this is, didn't involve me directly... Zero fucks given?