Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for retirement.

Default Time for retirement.

I suck at this whole motorcycling thing. This is my third crash this year. Two on the track, and one on the street.

Low sided the triumph this morning in the parking lot at work. Hit a wet painted area doing maybe ten mph, rear wheel spun and spat me off. Tried to stay on the throttle but the entire lot was still wet, never gain any traction.

Made it all the way to work while running late. Made a simple no0b mistake. Oh and to top it all off. The wire/connector is smoking again. (The issue that's been reoccurring since the beginning of the year.)

I already brought it to Mark's like last week. Nothing looked off so we came to the conclusion that it was in my head, even though I could've sworn something was off. On my way in to work, I saw it smoking while at a signal light. Too late to turn around so I just kept going. Bad choice.

Moral of the story this year sucks and I'm terrible at riding motorcycles. Between my car being stolen, the Hawk blowing up, losing my job and now this, I'm ready for 2015.

I've tried to stay positive through everything this year but even I have my limits.

Edit: Rashed headlight, frame slider, top case cracked, mirror, levers, tank scratched, and tank cover. :
    Last edited by makct04; 09-26-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Team Brown - LRRS #521

:hug: Come to the bossom.
    -Gabe, is a racist.

Matt 9/19/10

2015 is right around the corner. Keep your head up. If it makes you feel better my bike is sitting in many pieces right now.

I've done way sillier things, exploded my pants off going 1 mile from the gym to my office on a liter bike on a wet manhole cover. Chalk it up, giggle, pick the ol' girl back up and enjoy the story when you tell it 5 years from now.

Keep trudging along bud, the sun will come out eventually.

So, "don't tell anyone about this" means wait until Mo posts it to make fun of him, right?

Did I ever tell you about the time I dropped my R6 down at Deals Gap, at a standstill?

Or the time I dropped my ZX600c twice in the same day, because I wasn't yet fully capable of operating a kickstand?

Quote Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
    Moral of the story this year sucks and I'm terrible at riding motorcycles. Between my car being stolen, the Hawk blowing up, losing my job and now this, I'm ready for 2015. :
    I thought things like this were only supposed to come in threes... rules different for you???

If you need a hand with anything...
    Matt V. 9/19/10

things happen in 3's

Gino
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P-89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
    ECK RACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL Spiegler On Track Media All Balls Racing Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

You still haven't passed me. I have 7 track/race crashes, 1 street crash, and one embarrassing start the bike while standing on the side of it, letting go of the clutch only to discover the bike is in gear at a gas station crash.
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I only offered a brief overview, stories for days - would make a fun thread.

Sorry about the bad luck Mo.. You're an awesome rider, this is just a bump in the road. I'm sure you'll find a job sooner than later and fix up the Triumph just as fast..